http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2012, 12:18
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Default crochet headband tutu

I made my first tutu using a crochet headband I did the way they show me on a tut that hg has.

http://www.hipgirlclips.co m/store/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products _id=14028

I did a slipknot but made them tight. When i put it back on my daughter its to big. I didn't think it would get stretched out. Does anyone work with the crochet headband for tutus. Do they stretch out over time and use? I love using them to get that layered look!
TIA!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2012, 01:10
midwestmommy574's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 440
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

I prefer no roll elastic and just smoosh em close together. I tried the crochet headband and didn't care for it. Could just be me but who knows
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2012, 01:59
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmommy574 View Post
I prefer no roll elastic and just smoosh em close together. I tried the crochet headband and didn't care for it. Could just be me but who knows
I can't do layers with the no roll elastic. I've read post on here but I'm not very good and understanding thing just by reading I need pic or video.but no one has a video or tut
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2012, 02:15
showers7x3's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: council bluffs, IA
Posts: 75
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

That is how I have made all my tutus. The 1st one I did I wrapped is around a step ladder to put the tulle through..BIG MISTAKE. I over streched it and it was no longer strechy at all. I had to cut the extra room off and sew it together to fit my daughter, but once she grows at all it won't fit LOL. But my others I put the "headband" around a full paper towel roll. Works great. Remember that they stretch about 2-3 inches. so a 3T would really wear a 24 month size. So far I haven't have any problem with streching too much if you don't over stretch it like I did. The problem I have with elastic is when those strech for me you see the elastic band when the pieces move.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2012, 03:28
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

Quote:
Originally Posted by showers7x3 View Post
That is how I have made all my tutus. The 1st one I did I wrapped is around a step ladder to put the tulle through..BIG MISTAKE. I over streched it and it was no longer strechy at all. I had to cut the extra room off and sew it together to fit my daughter, but once she grows at all it won't fit LOL. But my others I put the "headband" around a full paper towel roll. Works great. Remember that they stretch about 2-3 inches. so a 3T would really wear a 24 month size. So far I haven't have any problem with streching too much if you don't over stretch it like I did. The problem I have with elastic is when those strech for me you see the elastic band when the pieces move.
Thank u I'm sure that's what I did.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2012, 03:36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 774
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

I have made 2 on crochet headbands so far and have not had any problems. I made one for my daughter who is a 3T/4T and one for my neice that is in 3/6 months and they fit both without a problem. I didn't wrap the headband around anything while I was making it.

I did buy this tutorial to make with non roll elastic. I am going to try to make them today. The instructions look super simple. http://www.etsy.com/listing/62379363...u-instructions

HTH
Stephanie
__________________
wholesale partially lined clips solids.18 each & swiss dots .22 each. Pm me your order.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 189
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

I haven't tried making them on crochet headbands yet, but I imagine it's pretty easy to stretch them out too far. I want to make a halter tutu with one at some point. So far I've just used satin ribbon to make my tutus on and they can then be tied and makes them somewhat adjustable as well.

Hope your next one worked out better
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 774
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahltm View Post
I haven't tried making them on crochet headbands yet, but I imagine it's pretty easy to stretch them out too far. I want to make a halter tutu with one at some point. So far I've just used satin ribbon to make my tutus on and they can then be tied and makes them somewhat adjustable as well.

Hope your next one worked out better
How do you make them on ribbon?
__________________
wholesale partially lined clips solids.18 each & swiss dots .22 each. Pm me your order.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:55
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

I had no problem with them stretching out too much. I purchased a tutorial where it has you tie knots instead of slipknots and has you tie in a particular pattern. The same tutu I made fit my 2 year old and my 6 year old. Try craftyguides dot com

-Jess
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2012, 08:32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 7
Default Re: crochet headband tutu

I love making my tutus with the crochet headbands. They just look nicer to me. I have a really hard time with the elastic. Something I do though is buy the crochet headband material (can find it in the ribbon section of Hobby Lobby and comes in 2 yds). It's stronger and looks nicer! Bad thing is trying to figure out how much to cut for waists!! It's a good thing I have children ranging from 2-11!!! Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger