150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-07-2008, 10:56

Default Having trouble with flipflops!!

I am having the biggest struggle with these! The hot glue wont stick to the flipflops and the E600 is good, but the straps are all weird from packaging and I can't get the ribbon to lay right, so the E600 isn't really working good cuz it doesn't stick good enough right away. What are you ladies doing?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 06-07-2008, 11:15

Default Re: Having trouble with flipflops!!

Are you lining/wrapping the straps with the ribbon? If so use clothes pins to hold it until the E6000 sets. I have flip flop instructions that says to use those cable ties to hold the bow onto the flip flop. I have used 3/8" ribbon to tie the bow on with. My bows have a monogrammed button on them and I run the ribbon through the button loop and around the bow and flip flop and knot it. That has worked very well too.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene R View Post
Are you lining/wrapping the straps with the ribbon? If so use clothes pins to hold it until the E6000 sets. I have flip flop instructions that says to use those cable ties to hold the bow onto the flip flop. I have used 3/8" ribbon to tie the bow on with. My bows have a monogrammed button on them and I run the ribbon through the button loop and around the bow and flip flop and knot it. That has worked very well too.
Thanks, I'll try the pins, I haven't even gotten to the stinkin bow yet, lol.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:18

I don't wrap the straps of the toddler flip flops. I got it to work, but the finished product looked kind of wonky to me. So I just line the sole and make the bow.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:32

I agree I don't wrap the straps of the toddler flops anymore either. And I also quit wrapping around the toe strap! I finally figured it out after looking at some high end sellers work that you don't have to do that! I also do not use nothing but e6000 on my bow flops. I put on my glue then I wait about 5 seconds so the glue gets sticky and the apply the bow.Then I use one or two of those LARGE plastic aligator clips (the colored ones) that stylist use and clamp it down real close to the bottom to hold until it dries. And this works great for me.
Then for fluffing up the bow I have little pieces of tulle or netting and wad it up and place it inside my loops and then spray with either starch or Aussie. Let it dry and then take out the netting or tulle and have nice fluffy bow and the best about this I can reuse the netting or tulle again and again and it stays stiff!
Holley
Old 06-08-2008, 11:32

I hate having to do the straps, so I don't wrap, just line the top. I hold it place with a gazillion double prong alligator clips and leave them overnight to dry. If there is any glue coming out on the side of the ribbon, the next day it will peel right off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pink dots flip flops 4.jpg (86.8 KB, 68 views)
Old 06-08-2008, 12:04

Thanks Lilbowdivas for the recommendation of starch, I would have never thought of doing that!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hate having to do the straps, so I don't wrap, just line the top. I hold it place with a gazillion double prong alligator clips and leave them overnight to dry. If there is any glue coming out on the side of the ribbon, the next day it will peel right off.
That is EXACTLY what I do and you are SOOOOOOOOOOO right...It works like a champ and doesn't get bunched up like other kinds of pins do... LOVE IT!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 03:24

i usually tie my bows on with the smallest grosgrain ribbon. but lately I have been punching two little holes *enough to get ribbon through* on each side of the toe thingy and tying it that way!
Joshua 5 yrs old
Katherine 3 yrs old
Zachary 10 months old

www.katherineskustombows.etsy.com
www.myspace.com/dubefamilyof6
Old 06-08-2008, 03:40

Thanks ladies, those are all great suggestions!
Sponsored Links