Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-20-2007, 05:53

so I made my bottle caps got them all perfect started using them and the epoxy and the pictures started to pop off! where did I go wrong!!!!?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2007, 06:10

What did you use to glue the pic on the cap? What type of paper are you using for your pic? Did you let it dry all the way before using your resin?

Debbie
Old 12-20-2007, 06:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybr-chic View Post
so I made my bottle caps got them all perfect started using them and the epoxy and the pictures started to pop off! where did I go wrong!!!!?

need to glue image down unto the cap first...

i use glossy photo paper..

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszoe View Post
Here are some pics of some of my caps.

Debbie
Debbie,
those are fabulous! Do you print your images on your computer? I use PSPX always have problems with them getting all pixaly. Any tips for that?
Thanks for mentioning the scrapbook pebbles! I have a bunch of them but never liked using them. Well I had always been trying to add them over my image after it was on the bottle cap! So I tried putting it over the image before adding it to the cap and it worked FABULOUS! I rub the back and even it all out! I love it!
I found some adhesive backed sheets at Michaels and that worked really well for adding image and pebble to the cap. I tried to tug at them and they wouldn't budge!
Thanks for all the info!

Darcy
Old 12-20-2007, 08:12

What brand are the adhesive sheets that you use? Maybe I will give those a try, maybe less messy than glue. I use spray adhesive now, it works really well, but if I didn't have to mess with the spray.............
Yes, I print all my own images on glossy photo paper. Not sure why your pics get pixaly, I just copy and paste them into Word.

thanks,
Debbie
Old 12-21-2007, 02:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
need to glue image down unto the cap first...

i use glossy photo paper..
I used Elmer's to glue it on first. I let it set up for a couple of hours and I did use regular paper but it went all blotchy with the resin then I used card stock and It looked great just did't stick. for my girls I just super glued the pictures back on. they stayed on their necklaces great at the family party tonight. I wont use this set for ones that I sell on hair bows. I guess I just need a stronger glue! I just hate spray glue its so messy!

Last edited by cybr-chic; 12-21-2007 at 02:36.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:09

I make my images into stickers first. I bought the xyron sticker maker(small looks like an x) at wal mart. It wasnt very expensive about $8 and refills are like $4 and seems to work great.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszoe View Post
What brand are the adhesive sheets that you use? Maybe I will give those a try, maybe less messy than glue. I use spray adhesive now, it works really well, but if I didn't have to mess with the spray.............
Yes, I print all my own images on glossy photo paper. Not sure why your pics get pixaly, I just copy and paste them into Word.

thanks,
Debbie
Debbie,
The adhesive sheets I got are Therm O Web Double-Sided Peel n Stick Adhesive. There are 3 - 5.5" x 8.75" sheets. On the front there is a lamp shade covered in toille, a scrapbook and a picture frame.
I have been using my 1" punch to cut the adhesive but I am going to have to either get a new punch or find a new way, it's gumming up my punch!

I have been printing my images directly from PSP because my copy of Word isn't working so that could explain A LOT! I have to get my dh to figure out what wrong with it.

Darcy
Old 12-24-2007, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrascmom View Post
I make my images into stickers first. I bought the xyron sticker maker(small looks like an x) at wal mart. It wasnt very expensive about $8 and refills are like $4 and seems to work great.
do you cut the sticker with your punch? does it make it all sticky?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:21

Does someone have a template for fitting your design into? And what photo program do you use or is it just in word? I have the new 2007 version of word and I have an older photoshop
Sponsored Links