http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-20-2012, 07:33

Default what age to stop wearing bows?

At what age do you find girls to stop wearing bows? What about headbands with something on them, such as the satin/mesh flowers attached or the shabby flowers?
Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2012, 08:14

Default Re: what age to stop wearing bows?

Oh gosh, I have seen so many middle school/high school girls wear them. Even some girls at the university, I think it varies more with the style changes in ages rather than anything else. Most of the middle/high school girls are using small 3" pinwheels and mini shabby clippies to hold their bangs back. I also get a lot of request for the glitter headbands. Neon seems to be the trend right now also.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2make View Post
At what age do you find girls to stop wearing bows? What about headbands with something on them, such as the satin/mesh flowers attached or the shabby flowers?
I now teach high school and a lot of the girls wear simple bows.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:40

Here in the south a lot of high school girls wear the large 6" bows made with 3" ribbon. I think it just depends on where you are.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:01

I agree with the others, I've seen even elderly women wear hair bows, bling, ect, I'm at So. Ca. coast
Old 04-20-2012, 10:30

I think it goes in waves - some 6-8 year old girls feel silly in actual bows although I still sell headbands, flowers, and clippies to that age group. Then after a couple more years, its cool again. I sell often to high school age girls and lots of adults too (besides the normal infant and toddler market).
Old 04-20-2012, 11:52

This reminds me... a couple weeks ago, a young girl (12, 13, or 14 yrs old) came by and was admiring a Hello Kitty Deluxe Hairbow I had just finished making. I asked her if she was thinking of buying it for herself or as a gift and she said she wanted it for herself - but she wanted her father to pay for it. So she went to find her father who apparently thought she was too old for hairbows. She came back a couple times to admire it some more. Then someone else bought it about 5 minutes after she walked away. She came back later and asked me where it was... with money in her hand... and it was gone :-( I guess she either convinced her Dad to give her the money or she robbed a store in the mall .

Poor thing, she was really disappointed and I didn't have any more Hello Kitty resins to make her a new one.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:04

Around here (TN) girls through about 2nd grade wear embellished bows (OTT) and funky loopy bows. Then it seems like headbands are popular with the 4-5 graders, and then once the girls hit Junior High, they go back to wearing simple small bow clips and then big plain bows over their ponytails for cheer and band.

Grown-ups wear headbands and flower clips.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
I think it goes in waves - some 6-8 year old girls feel silly in actual bows although I still sell headbands, flowers, and clippies to that age group. Then after a couple more years, its cool again. I sell often to high school age girls and lots of adults too (besides the normal infant and toddler market).
Exactly what I was going to say. When my DD turned 6 she informed me that she was too old for bows. SHe's now a Senior in HS and asks for bows and headbands quite often!! I have Middle schoolers asking for bows as well.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31

I have 3 dd's...17, 15 and 12....the 12 yr old wears things that don't match and still insists on wearing some of the first bows i made (EEK) just to be different and stand out....the 15 yr old wears sparkly headbands and larger solid-colored bows...the 17 yr old wears bobby pins and mid-sized solid bows
Sponsored Links