http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-09-2012, 10:51

Default Flower Clips

I have a question...

So after much searching I have ascertained that pretty flowers like this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76959996..._type=handmade

Can either be made or purchased. I'm wondering which is the cheaper option??? At this point time is not a concern for me, so while I understand taking the flowers apart is more time consuming, I'm cool with that. But it seems kind of silly to go to that trouble if they are about the same cost as buying them. Hope that makes sense.

Also, if you take them apart yourself where do you go to get the best prices??
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 11:05

Default Re: Flower Clips

I think the ones that are preglued look tacky, lots of times glue is showing. I am also not a huge fan of the simple stones, I like the nicer buttons so I switch those out. I will not sell a flower with the plastic still in them and I have noticed that many times when they are bought with the clips on them they still have the plastic on them too. .. also I couldnt sell a clip that wasnt lined....

Krista
Old 04-09-2012, 11:16

If you only need one of each color, it is probably cheaper to find someone to make them on etsy. If you are wanting several of each color, it is probably cheaper to make them. They are super easy.

I usually get my flowers from Michael's. I get their online 40% off coupon and save it to my phone. I am lucky enough to live within 2 miles of a Michael's so I can visit frequently and pick up a bundle all the time. They usually have 6-8 flowers on them. I use either crystals or buttons in the center...you can even interchange some of the petals to make it multi-colored.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaloo Bonnie View Post
If you only need one of each color, it is probably cheaper to find someone to make them on etsy. If you are wanting several of each color, it is probably cheaper to make them. They are super easy.

I usually get my flowers from Michael's. I get their online 40% off coupon and save it to my phone. I am lucky enough to live within 2 miles of a Michael's so I can visit frequently and pick up a bundle all the time. They usually have 6-8 flowers on them. I use either crystals or buttons in the center...you can even interchange some of the petals to make it multi-colored.

i bought two from there tonight just to play with. Are there particular flowers that work better/look better??
Old 04-10-2012, 01:36

I've bought flowers from hobby lobby Michael's and Jo Ann's
. I've bought them online to make also from the hair bow company. And we have a huge store here called the flower factory that I've gotten them from. The best quality ones were from the flower factory and hobby lobby. I will not pay over two dollars for a single flower ( and that will be a rose or peony) I also take all the plastic out and use a "prettier" center.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:15

I'm curious too what type of flowers to get? I have been wanting to try making some flowers for a while... any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40

I just buy any flower stems or bunches that I think are pretty. Lol mostly spiky Daisy's. A fer Gerber Daisy's, hydrangeas and roses. Recently I've bought some ranunculus that I love from hobby lobby for half off. I've even gotten bundles of flowers from the dollar tree. just remove them from the stem and remove all the plastics. They are super easy.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
I think the ones that are preglued look tacky, lots of times glue is showing. I am also not a huge fan of the simple stones, I like the nicer buttons so I switch those out. I will not sell a flower with the plastic still in them and I have noticed that many times when they are bought with the clips on them they still have the plastic on them too. .. also I couldnt sell a clip that wasnt lined....

Krista
I agree!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54

I recently bought some from the dollar store. They were MUCH MUCH better quality than I usually see there, though I did have to combine flowers to make them fuller (There were 6 flowers on each bunch butI ended up with 3 flowers total from each bunch). They look great! I asked the employee at the dollar store and she said they were a closeout and not their usual supplier...hence the better quality. You should check your local one out too and maybe they got some in!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:51

What kind of flower were they and what colors??
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg