printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:57

Default Re: the "Bowbetties" bow

Fantastic job!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:31

I am a Bowbetty and I am very proud to say that and I have to say that comment was very hurtful and uncalled for, those type of comments are best left unsaid. I too buy from hipgirl and have nothing but praise for the service and quality. I enjoy seeing all the creations posted here and I appreciate all bows and the designers. As for the post of the bow...very pretty you did a great job and the colors are beautiful! List away!

Jillian

Last edited by lilyrosebows; 06-06-2008 at 11:13.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:44

Thumbs up Re: the "Bowbetties" bow

Great job! You're model is just tooooo cute!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:46

I am also a BowBettie and was referred to the ribbon on this site by another BowBettie. The girls that I am in the Betties with are sweet and creative and we enjoy the craft of bow making just as much as all of you gals do. we are loyal customers of the hip girl site, and I too must say that the comment about our work was very hurtful. We don't make ugly comments about you, so please don't make them about us. And I MUST add that when you search eBay for boutique bows, our group name comes up as the top related search, so we must be doing something right.

And as for your bow, sweetie, it is adorable...just like your daughter! I hope you make a ton off of it! And keep up the good work.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:51

this bow is adorable and specially on the model she is an angel!!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveALot View Post
I think you did a beautiful job, and it's so much prettier than many of the overdone "Bowbetties" bows I see. The Bowbetties are just a group of individual designers, not a specific design. And to be honest, some of them are not big sellers. There are two or three big players in the group, and the rest are just ho-hum followers and their bows don't sell. I look at their completed listings and they are a big flop. JMHO.
I am also a proud member of the BowBetties and I am shocked that anyone would say something like this about a fellow bowmaker you don't even know. I've come on here a few times and have seen many posts about either myself or other members of my group, some nice and some not so nice. Someone even posted a picture of one of my bows and said I used the wrong color to match something. I shrugged it off, because I have to consider what kind of person would sink to that level, publicly criticizing another's bows. Bowmaking is an individual art and to criticize another bowmaker on a public forum is just LOW. "Big sellers" or not, our group is a wonderful group of women and friends who support each other and have fun doing what we love. I wouldn't change the group I'm in for anything!

As for the original poster - great job on the bow! Looks like you worked hard on it - keep up the good work

Heather
lulu*and*junebug
Old 06-06-2008, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantilly View Post
I think your bow looks adorable. Such a lovely 'soft' colour combination. Good job!
I also like the bowbetties girls bows. They are actually what inspired me to give it a go. I am by no means as good as that but maybe one day!
Thanks Chantelle - that is very sweet!

Heather
lulu*and*junebug
Old 06-06-2008, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by njzmom View Post
how do you become a bow betty?
We have an application process to be in the group. We aren't actively looking right now, but if we are in the future we would post announcements on some of the big ebay boutique boards

Heather
lulu*and*junebug
Old 06-06-2008, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluandjunebug View Post
We have an application process to be in the group. We aren't actively looking right now, but if we are in the future we would post announcements on some of the big ebay boutique boards

Heather
lulu*and*junebug
do you have to make your bows a certain way? are there bow betty instructions? they definately seem to have some similar qualities. very pretty!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by njzmom View Post
do you have to make your bows a certain way? are there bow betty instructions? they definately seem to have some similar qualities. very pretty!
Gosh, no - they don't have to be made a certain way. We just look for a certain level of quality, as well as a few other factors. As far as I know, none of my group members have written bow instructions. It's funny that some of you ladies think we have a very similar style - I think everyone in our group is so different! I can look at a bow listed and tell instantly which member made it. We've just all been doing this a long time and have had lots of practice - that's definitely what it takes

Heather
lulu*and*junebug
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Closed Thread