Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2012, 08:22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Unhappy Help!!!Does anyone know how to make this rose or whre to find a tutorial???

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum..I have been trying to re-create this rose I saw on Snugars shop on Etsy but I just can't get it right!
etsy.com/listing/62348578/petite-rose-snugars-headband-baby
Can someone help me?
Thanks for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 104427285079136254_7MZmFbL8_c.jpg (23.5 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by Illybow; 03-18-2012 at 10:12.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: Help!!!Does anyone know how to make this rose or whre to find a tutorial???

other pics of the rose and another flower I would like to re-create..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_570xN.194642216.jpg (37.0 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg il_570xN.232694941.jpg (34.2 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg il_570xN.177461061.jpg (23.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg il_570xN.177461065.jpg (31.6 KB, 66 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:54
ILoveBows!!'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 263
Default Re: Help!!!Does anyone know how to make this rose or whre to find a tutorial???

The first ones look rolled.
The other ones look like she sewed down the middle and scrunched it up.

That's just what it looks like.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43
luvribbonarts's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: Help!!!Does anyone know how to make this rose or whre to find a tutorial???

This page has links to both of those types of ribbon flowers and more that you will want to try


http://tipnut.com/ribbon-flowers/
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~
Theresa
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2012, 04:58
Gr82cre8's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 979
Default Re: Help!!!Does anyone know how to make this rose or whre to find a tutorial???

I've seen those for sale here (premade) as part of a group buy: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!...3685170333203/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2012, 06:07
lakesidesewing's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 428
Default Re: Help!!!Does anyone know how to make this rose or whre to find a tutorial???

The first one is made from knit material...I'll try and walk you through without pics...I've got pneumonia so not doing too much sewing right this minute...use old t-shirts to practice with before you buy knit material...actually, if you can get the right weight...they make beautiful flowers. You want to look for a t-shirt that is medium to heavy weight. You cut the fabric to look like an elongated smile.....tapered at both ends. The longer it is the fuller the flower. The pics you posted are pretty short I would say around a foot or so. You can roll hem the curved side or leave it raw. You want to gather the bottom straight edge loosely then start attaching it to a small piece of felt or same knit circle. Just roll it around and tuck the end under the bottom. To finish, either blanket stitch around the circle connecting the outside of the flower all the way around or hot glue it.

Hope that made sense for you.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24
luvribbonarts's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,040
Default Re: Help!!!Does anyone know how to make this rose or whre to find a tutorial???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesidesewing View Post
The first one is made from knit material...I'll try and walk you through without pics...I've got pneumonia so not doing too much sewing right this minute...use old t-shirts to practice with before you buy knit material...actually, if you can get the right weight...they make beautiful flowers. You want to look for a t-shirt that is medium to heavy weight. You cut the fabric to look like an elongated smile.....tapered at both ends. The longer it is the fuller the flower. The pics you posted are pretty short I would say around a foot or so. You can roll hem the curved side or leave it raw. You want to gather the bottom straight edge loosely then start attaching it to a small piece of felt or same knit circle. Just roll it around and tuck the end under the bottom. To finish, either blanket stitch around the circle connecting the outside of the flower all the way around or hot glue it.

Hope that made sense for you.

I hope you get to feeling better. I'm so glad you were able to explain that without the photos I just got finished getting out my material to make them and take photos to show the process... I'm so glad I checked here before I started. I didn't think I could explain it well without pictures. Now I can get back to my bows for the bow swap . The second set is also made with knit material also.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~
Theresa
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: Help!!!Does anyone know how to make this rose or whre to find a tutorial???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveBows!! View Post
The first ones look rolled.
The other ones look like she sewed down the middle and scrunched it up.

That's just what it looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvribbonarts View Post
This page has links to both of those types of ribbon flowers and more that you will want to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr82cre8 View Post
I've seen those for sale here (premade) as part of a group buy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesidesewing View Post
The first one is made from knit material...I'll try and walk you through without pics...I've got pneumonia so not doing too much sewing right this minute...use old t-shirts to practice with before you buy knit material...actually, if you can get the right weight...they make beautiful flowers. You want to look for a t-shirt that is medium to heavy weight. You cut the fabric to look like an elongated smile.....tapered at both ends. The longer it is the fuller the flower. The pics you posted are pretty short I would say around a foot or so. You can roll hem the curved side or leave it raw. You want to gather the bottom straight edge loosely then start attaching it to a small piece of felt or same knit circle. Just roll it around and tuck the end under the bottom. To finish, either blanket stitch around the circle connecting the outside of the flower all the way around or hot glue it.

Hope that made sense for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvribbonarts View Post
I hope you get to feeling better. I'm so glad you were able to explain that without the photos I just got finished getting out my material to make them and take photos to show the process... I'm so glad I checked here before I started. I didn't think I could explain it well without pictures. Now I can get back to my bows for the bow swap . The second set is also made with knit material also.
Thank you everyone!!! You've been so kind to me
When I posted this question, I didn't expect such a great response!!!

Lakesidesewing I hope you get well soon
Your explanation is very clear...I'll try it and post pics when I'm done
I'm sorry for my english..I'm italian
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger