http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-16-2012, 03:21

Question Shabby flower question

I bought a bunch of the shabby flowers a while back. You know the flowers that look like that are fraying on the edges.

They came attached to some tulle netting and I had to cut each flower off. I cut around each flower making sure not to cut any of the threads that hold the flower togther. However my flowers dont look like everyone elses do. Did I do something wrong? Is there another step I needed to do?

HELP!
Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2012, 04:05

Default Re: Shabby flower question

Have you added a circle of felt to the back? That always helps to stabilize mine.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:21

Can you post a picture of what yours look like? I also cut carefully inside each of the petals to get off as much of the netting as possible first. Then I use a lighter to singe off the excess netting to give it a clean look. I do this very quickly so as not to catch the fabric part which will burn rather than melt like the netting.

ETA: When I am done singeing all the edges, I place the flower on whatever I am making it into (hard headband, FOE or skinny elastic) and add a felt circle afterwards to finish it off.

Last edited by devilicious; 03-17-2012 at 11:36.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:15

i fold the tulle under, glueing the edges in and then place a felt circle on top
Old 03-16-2012, 08:42

I find that some of mine come crushed and awful looking. There are some great sellers that straighten them and stiffen them and they look perfectly round and beautiful.

I would recommend straightening them and placing them on felt- it seems to stabilize them.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyT View Post
I find that some of mine come crushed and awful looking. There are some great sellers that straighten them and stiffen them and they look perfectly round and beautiful.

I would recommend straightening them and placing them on felt- it seems to stabilize them.
Can you please share with me where I can get some from these great sellers. I think they are really pretty but have no idea what to do with them or where to get them.

TIA,
Kate
Old 03-18-2012, 08:36

To fluff mine up and make them more shabby I spritz with water and toss them in the dryer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetienfl25 View Post
I bought a bunch of the shabby flowers a while back. You know the flowers that look like that are fraying on the edges.

They came attached to some tulle netting and I had to cut each flower off. I cut around each flower making sure not to cut any of the threads that hold the flower togther. However my flowers dont look like everyone elses do. Did I do something wrong? Is there another step I needed to do?

HELP!
Sponsored Links