printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-17-2012, 09:24

Default Re: Beautiful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiRae87 View Post
I also do mine by hand. Have never used a template, and just practice practice practice. I can see that the "x" that is going to form your 4 loops is not as perky as it should be. Try making that "x" a little skinnier. Does that make sense???

A picture of my Twisted Boutique Bows
THANK YOU! I wish I could say it makes sense to me but no not really lol I am not following you. I see how your look but I guess I don't really understand.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13

Are you using satin ribbon? If so try grosgrain ribbon it is thicker and easier to make twisted boutique bows with. It took me 2yrs to figure that dumb bow out and practice is what it takes to get it. Her bows are very beautiful. I found that you really have to sew a certain way to get your bows right. I hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnielsen82 View Post
Are you using satin ribbon? If so try grosgrain ribbon it is thicker and easier to make twisted boutique bows with. It took me 2yrs to figure that dumb bow out and practice is what it takes to get it. Her bows are very beautiful. I found that you really have to sew a certain way to get your bows right. I hope this helps.
Thank you... no I am using grosgrain...
Old 03-20-2012, 09:02

I think your bows look great! I always have trouble with the twisted as well, but I think you just have to find the method that works for you and practice, practice, practice. I finally made one the other day that I was actually in love with. lol. I've tried so many different methods but I just do them free hand now and works for me.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01

Oh they are lovely! Yours are really good too!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:09

Oh I'm sorry it looked like satan ribbon from the picture. This is what mandirae is talking about with the x http://www.girlythingsbows.com/boutique_bow.html it is the 6th picture. This is exactly how I sew as well. Shaping at the end is what makes it. I found at first the figure 8 method was easier to get that x shape. I hope I'm helping in some way.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnielsen82 View Post
Oh I'm sorry it looked like satan ribbon from the picture. This is what mandirae is talking about with the x http://www.girlythingsbows.com/boutique_bow.html it is the 6th picture. This is exactly how I sew as well. Shaping at the end is what makes it. I found at first the figure 8 method was easier to get that x shape. I hope I'm helping in some way.
Yes that's what I'm talking about. LOL I am horrible at explaining things.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29

Thank you all for your help. I have always done mine by hand. I used to use the girly things method that they have posted but I didn't do so well... I couldn't even explain what I do now lol
Sponsored Links