New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-08-2012, 12:42

Default How to make this flower?

Hi there! I am new to the forum and just love all of the great ideas and advice! I have been attempting to re-create a flower I saw on Etsy for my daughter, but just can't get it right! It appears she burned the bottom layers down and the centers up. Just trying to figure out how she cut the petals and how she got the middle to stand up so nice! Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Last edited by sarajo1024; 03-08-2012 at 01:16.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 03-08-2012, 01:05

Default Re: How to make this?

It looks like the petals are singed with a lighter. This probably helped the middle stand up as well. There is a tut for it on the hipgirl website under the free instructions. Sorry I'd post it but I am new as well and haven't gotten that far yet !
Old 03-08-2012, 01:13

Just a friendly fyi ~ if those pics aren't your own pictures, you need to post a link to the etsy listing instead so the owner of the pic gets credit. Its against forum rules to post someone else's pic.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:15

Oh gosh, I didn't realize. I'll take it down now!! I tried to add the link, but it was not letting me
Old 03-08-2012, 01:18

Any idea how to add the link?? It keeps telling me post denied bc I am limited to the amount of URL's? I was only trying to add 1. Maybe I can't because I am new??
Old 03-08-2012, 03:30

It is beacuse u are new! Just type the web address and leave spaces in it and we can find it that way!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:43

Ohhh ok! Still learning all the in's and out's! So a little update, I actually messaged the shop owner on Etsy to see if she sells the tutorials. She does not unfortunately, so I ended up purchasing the flower from her for my daughter to wear at Easter! I have made lollipop satin flowers in the past with the poly satin from Joann's, but she said that the poly satin from Joann's doesn't work for these.. She said she purchases her satin from a local shop, not a chain . She is considering selling tutorials though and I guess I wasn't the first to ask her about it! Here is the "link"....tell me they aren't gorgeous!!!!! She is very talented.
www. etsy.com /listing/93863154/butter-yellow-6-inch-fabric-flower-hair
Hope I posted the link right, LOL
Old 03-08-2012, 07:05

No worries about the posting pics, I had no idea when I was new either!

My guess, I think most satin fabric would work. Just my opinion, but she might not want you thinking you could make it on your own. I could be totally wrong though.

Have you looked for singed flower tutorials? There are alot of free ones mentioned here and on the web. Instead of cutting out graduating circles, cut graduating petal shapes. Then singe the back layers with the back side of the fabric up, instead of the shiny side. Then singe the top layers the usual way. That might work...
Old 03-08-2012, 09:08

I was thinking the same thing to be honest! I have some satin left over so I may give it a shot! I'm going to try cutting the petals, will let you know how it works out, thanks for the advice
Old 03-08-2012, 09:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajo1024 View Post
I was thinking the same thing to be honest! I have some satin left over so I may give it a shot! I'm going to try cutting the petals, will let you know how it works out, thanks for the advice
My pleasure! Have fun creating!
Sponsored Links