Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-02-2012, 08:41

Default PLEASE HELP--LOL--OTT Bow

Ok..So I made my daughter a stacked boutique bow-Like the over the top kind and I ran into the problem of when I put it in her hair I hate the way it looks like it is not "stuck" in her hair..It looks like at any moment it is going to fall out of her head..Is this how they always look? I had to weave the clip through her hair to make it more stable..when I put it through like a crochet headband I have to weave through it to keep it stable also..is this normal??I was going to sell them to people but I do not want people complaining that it leans when it is in their kids hair..what should I do..

suess.jpg

Last edited by deannasuniquecreations; 03-02-2012 at 09:22. Reason: Added Photo
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 09:00

Default Re: PLEASE HELP--LOL--OTT Bow

Kate's don't. I slide the alli clip in as normal and they stay... these are about 4.5-5 inches and nearly 3 inches tall...
Old 03-02-2012, 09:01

Do you have a pic?

How big did you make it? My oldest daughter could never pull off the HUGE HONKIN' BOWS (as I call them). They did look odd sitting on her head. *She doesn't have the thickest hair though. I would always pull a portion of the hair up in a ponytail and add the clip right above the ponytail for more support.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylikesbows View Post
Do you have a pic?

How big did you make it? My oldest daughter could never pull off the HUGE HONKIN' BOWS (as I call them). They did look odd sitting on her head. *She doesn't have the thickest hair though. I would always pull a portion of the hair up in a ponytail and add the clip right above the ponytail for more support.
This is the same thing I had to do when my DD younger. She is 10 now and doesn't wear the OTT bows but I still prefer this method because she has thin hair. It just gives the clip more support to stay in place. Also have you tried the alligator clips with teeth? I prefer them over the regular ones!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:23

I posted a pic of one of the styles I made..
Old 03-02-2012, 09:24

where do you get the alli clips with teeth?? and do they hurt when being taken out?!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannasuniquecreations View Post
I posted a pic of one of the styles I made..
Super cute! I love it!!!
You can purchase them at HL and also HH. The ones at HL are bigger and I like them better for the OTT bows (which I don't make) but they are cheaper at HH and work good for smaller bows. To answer your question if they hurt, no I don't think so. I wear my flowers with them and they've never bothered me. They aren't sharp just jagged. HTH.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:35

I've found the bigger bows, like the one in the pic, sit better on my DD if I put them on french clips instead alli clips, otherwise they always seem to be crooked.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl View Post
I've found the bigger bows, like the one in the pic, sit better on my DD if I put them on french clips instead alli clips, otherwise they always seem to be crooked.
Yup my oldest goes to school, hangs upside down from the monkey bars, even played all day at Disney land and the bows don't budge.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:24

I use non slip grips for my customers on alli clips. Haven't had a complaint yet. *knocks on wood* lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinky.jpg (37.2 KB, 36 views)
Sponsored Links