Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-15-2012, 08:47

Default Wonder Women Headband

I have been asked to make a 'wonder woman' headbands for a dance team. Does anyone have pics of anything like this that they might have? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/forum-ads-wool-felt-sm.jpg
Old 02-15-2012, 11:11

Default Re: Wonder Women Headband

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolegoodrich View Post
I have been asked to make a 'wonder woman' headbands for a dance team. Does anyone have pics of anything like this that they might have? Thanks!
They want it out of ribbon? Or do they care if it is done some other way? Searching the net I found bows done in the colors of Wonder Woman with a bottle cap in the center, but to actually make her headband...my only idea would be to cut the headband shape out in card stock, then wrap the band in the ribbon, but the points/curves may be tricky, and then do the elastic at the back for the stretch to wear the headband....

Now if you could sew it, that would be easy, just need to make the shape and have the gold colored fabric you would want...

Sorry, probably not much help, that is an odd one to me. LOL

Last edited by manshan; 02-15-2012 at 11:13. Reason: added info
Old 02-15-2012, 11:20

It definelty seems like they want the actual headband, I am concerned with the point at the top of it, this should be interesting =)
Old 02-15-2012, 11:31

Quote:
It definelty seems like they want the actual headband, I am concerned with the point at the top of it, this should be interesting =)
Does it have to be ribbon? Or can you sew something?

Old 02-15-2012, 11:50

I am a novice at sewing, so I would prefer the headband base to be ribbon or material I can heat n bond onto material. I don't have a problem sewing the elastic though =). Thankfully I only need to make 25 of these things !
Old 02-15-2012, 12:14

Quote:
I am a novice at sewing, so I would prefer the headband base to be ribbon or material I can heat n bond onto material. I don't have a problem sewing the elastic though =). Thankfully I only need to make 25 of these things !
Actually, sewing would be simple if you have a machine...the bottom would be a straight stitch, and really the top would be too...just going up to the point. Then you could sew the elastic to the material just like you would ribbon.

My only guess with ribbon would be to cut the form from cardstock or something, and try wrapping it, but I dont know how the point would come out.

Unless you used wide enough ribbon and actually cut the point shape into it and heat sealed...but then it would not be very stiff at all to hold shape...so that would concern me.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:04

What about using felt? My daughters have some felt birthday crowns that a friend made them. Then you could get the pointy part without sewing.
Sponsored Links
silk flowers