New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-04-2008, 05:33
Default Re: Ugh, my bows keep falling off!

Great idea, I think I'll get bar pins for the ones I have made for my dgd before her bows fall off (E6000 sticking so far)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 05:40

Here's what I do. After wrapping the straps and before making the bow, I put a big old glob of E6000 on the middle thingy (where the toe thing is). I do this so it has a little time to dry...even just a little. Then, I attach the bow and hold it there for a good while, wiping off anything that comes out. After a couple of minutes of holding it, it will stay there on it's own. I let it cure overnight then in the morning I add hot glue to the front and the back of the bottom center of the bow (where I attached it with E6000).

I've also done it with hot glue and it works fine. I just make sure that there's hot glue on the ribbon covering the straps because it tends to stick better to the ribbon rather than just the straps. I hope this makes sense.

SAHM to Madisyn (6) and Kynzie (2)
Old 06-04-2008, 06:27

Lots of great suggestions, i hope you can find a way that works for you!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:29

I use E6000 but I use a clamp method with those Sally clips similar to the gator bite thing. It does not damage the big bow but gives enough pressure to hold in place as it cures.

Then I spot glue with hot glue - none had come apart yet!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:21

Okay I tried the bar clip today and I might have gotten the wrong size because mine extend over the side of the flip flop. I also noticed that Corey's bows are flat and mine are perky so maybe that's where the problem comes in? Also, I tried it on the toddler flip flops which are small so that could be the problem too. What I did end up doing was punching a whole in the strap (love that leather punch) and inserting a croc doodad. So far that seems to be holding up, but we will be going to the park tomorrow and that will be the real test. If it holds up to DD climbing around the playscape then I will have a winner.
Sponsored Links