printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-04-2008, 12:45

Question Lining small snap clips?

I have an order from a mother at my daughters preschool and she wants snap clips for her baby girl. I bought some small snap clips and I tried lining them and they look terrible.

So, I have some questions for y'all:

*Do you use 20mm or 30mm snap clips?

*When lining them, do you line the whole clip (top inside, top outside and around to the prong)? If so, how do you get them to close? I tried mine on my son's head (he has very little hair) and I could not get it closed...if I had, I would have hurt him.

*Do you line them with anything to make them non-slip? If so, again, how do you get them to close?

Me --->

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:58

Default Re: Lining small snap clips?

I do mine similar to this:
How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--4--Lining Hair Clips : Hip Girl Boutique!, Hair Bows, Baby Hair Clips, Rockabilly Hair Accessories and more.

except I start the opposite way. I shove my ribbon into the clip, close it, flip it over, dab hot glue on the top of the clip (you will be getting glue on the underside of your ribbon too), then lay the right side on top. Make sense? probably not. Then I just glue the rest around to the back.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibug View Post
How To Make Boutique Hair Bow--4--Lining Hair Clips : Hip Girl Boutique!, Hair Bows, Baby Hair Clips, Rockabilly Hair Accessories and more.

except I start the opposite way. I shove my ribbon into the clip, close it, flip it over, dab hot glue on the top of the clip (you will be getting glue on the underside of your ribbon too), then lay the right side on top. Make sense? probably not. Then I just glue the rest around to the back.
This is how I do it too and the glue does get on the underside this way. I found that if I start the other way, I then get glue all over the place while trying to put the ribbon inside the clip.

www.sassyprincessboutique.com
Old 06-04-2008, 04:09

Quote:

I glue mines the same way. I use 30mm clips and I line with 3/8 ribbon. I've never had any problems with them.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:49

Quote:

This is how I do mine. I use 30 mm clips and I do not add nonslip. I do not wrap around the prong. I just go a 1/4 inch or so around the bottom of the clip instead of getting the prong. I buy my clips from this site and they hold baby hair really well.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:01

With my square snap clips, I fully line those, but with my 30mm ones, I do like all other pp on here and I also start under the prong first rather than how it shows on the tutorial.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:13

How do you prevent the snap clip from not peeking out the sides? I'm using 3/8" ribbon and 30mm clips, but the metal shows on the sides b/c the ribbon isn't wide enough.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:54

Quote:

Very helpful! Thanks for the link...I was actually just asking my sister about this last night. I've made bows but haven't attached them to any lined clips because I wasn't sure how to do it.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:10

I do the same as everyone else and put it on the underside first. Just make sure you get the glue all smoothed out and that will help give it that nice, finished look.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:42

Smile Re: Lining small snap clips?

This is another way to line the clips.
I found the link somewhere here.

try this

https://www.theribbonretreat.com/cus...dSnapClips.pdf
Sponsored Links