Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-31-2012, 09:00
Default Bow Centers

I have spent far too much time reading this forum the past few days and I just had a couple of questions.

I have see a ton of cute stuff used as the centerpiece on bows. Bottlecaps I know about but I'm wondering where you guys generally get the pieces you use in the middle?? I saw a few resin's on one web site but it was very limited.

Also, is there a better section to post this in??
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 10:12
Default Re: Bow Centers

I think this is a fine section. It comes up under the new post's which is where alot of people generally look first. I know there are several ladies on here that carry the centers. If you look closely at the advertisements that pop up, they are pictured. I can't think of any right off hand to refer you to, but I am familiar with most of the people that advertise on here and they are all very reliable. Hope this helps you!
Check out our website! www.mysunshineboutique.com
Old 01-31-2012, 12:30

I usually look through different sections at the craft store. In the scrapbooking section you can find anything from little embellishments to buttons. In the Jewlery making section they usually have rinestones and all kinds of sparkly things. Then even in the general crafts section you can find things. Just take a look at what they have and get creative. Good Luck!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:35

walk in the store with an open mind...like today, i was looking for something to put on my woven heart clippies dd is giving some of her friends for valentines day...i ended up with a heart punch and several different colors of sparkly foam sheets...i will leave some just hearts, and others i will stack depending on what the colors of the clips are HTH
Mom to Taterbug (17), Foxxy (15) & Katiebug (12)
Wife to Big Red
Old 01-31-2012, 02:40

You can find some cute stuff in the button section at craft stores, just snip the thing off the back. There are also a lot of good clay girls out there. Try searching clay or polymer here and even google or etsy. You can find some really cute stuff, but they're a little more expensive than resins or buttons. hth
Old 01-31-2012, 03:56

I use whatever I can find! I love seeing what they get in the Dollar Spot at Target. For V-day I found cute felt heart stickers in different sizes/colors, and holographic puffy hearts. If you go to Micheal's they have a section in the scrapbooking aisle with Jolee's resins that are adorable. You can also search for things on eBay. And, you can even make your own. I just made a bow using a ribbon rose in the center, or you can even make some out of Shrinky-Dinks.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:38

I find tons of cute centers in the scrapbooking section at Michael's! The resins with stickers make perfect centers and clippies accents!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:21

Hi I have a group on FB & I sell all different types of resins/flatbacks. Email me if you would like to get added.

Mari is a Mama of a mini Diva
Old 02-03-2012, 09:37

We have a jewelry store here that sells everything for $1. I will buy cute sets of earrings and remove the posts!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:18

I always look at Joanns or Michaels and find some really cute stuff sometimes
Sponsored Links