Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-03-2008, 06:17

Default Paypal question

I feel stupid asking this, but I really want to know. I set up Paypal and linked it to a bank account. Yet when I pay for something on Etsy, I have to wait for DAYS for it to clear. Is that normal? I know that some people instantly get their transactions cleared....how is that? Do they leave money in their Paypal account to avoid these delays or do they use a credit card that is linked to Paypal? I didn't want to use a cc associated with Paypal b/c I thought that incurred extra fees for the seller, but I would probably do it in the future to avoid the delay.

Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2008, 06:28

Default Re: Paypal question

If you pay using a bank account it takes a while to clear....if you put your debit or credit card it normally clears automatically or if you have money in your paypal.....
Old 06-03-2008, 07:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
I'm waiting impatiently for my money to clear. I requested funds from my account on the 30th and it isn't expected to clear until tomorrow. I am waiting to get lynns instructions. (as i'm staring at her rose ad right above this box).
That's what I bought as well! But I bought them on the 1st and it says it should clear by the 5th! That sucks! I was just wondering if there was anyway around that other than letting my money sit in a PP account. I added my debit card to the pp account, but I don't know if that will make future purchases any speedier. I hate waiting!!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:15

I'm not exactly sure because its been a few years since I set mine up. I think that you need to have a credit card on file for back up if you want the money to clear instantly. I have a credit card as my back up payment but use my debit card to pay for items. It clears instantly.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loelle View Post
That's what I bought as well! But I bought them on the 1st and it says it should clear by the 5th! That sucks! I was just wondering if there was anyway around that other than letting my money sit in a PP account. I added my debit card to the pp account, but I don't know if that will make future purchases any speedier. I hate waiting!!
Just make sure when you make the payment that you choose your credit card and not your bank account...you have to switch it each time and clarify that you want to switch it...
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19

By paying from the bank account rather than funds from the paypal account,that is called an e-check so it will take a few days to clear.

hth
Old 06-03-2008, 10:07

I pay with my debit card which is essentially coming straight from my bank account, so it goes automatically.

Hmm...didn't think about this though-I may send out invoices for anyone doing the button buy earlier in case this happens so I don't feel like I should wait on it.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:15

I leave money in my paypal account so the money transfers immediately.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:51

In order for the payment to clear immediatly, it has to be backed up by a credit card. That way, if paypal pulls the money out of your bank account, but you don't have enough money in your bank account to cover it, it gets it from your credit card.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooperhouse View Post
In order for the payment to clear immediatly, it has to be backed up by a credit card. That way, if paypal pulls the money out of your bank account, but you don't have enough money in your bank account to cover it, it gets it from your credit card.
I guess that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif