http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-26-2012, 07:04

Default Help with bow please!

Does anyone know what this type of bow is called? I am trying to look for a tutorial and I have never seen this type before...Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6079.jpg (41.9 KB, 251 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2012, 11:36

Default Re: Help with bow please!

This is an older bow. (From the set of instructions I have, it is the "Inside Out Bow") There are two ways to make it. You can crease/pinch as you go for the 4 loops or you can just place two "inside out" loop bows on top of each other *Criss cross.

Here's 2 free tutorials :

http://ilikebigbows.blogspot.com/201...irbow-tut.html

http://ilikebigbows.blogspot.com/201...-tutorial.html

There is also a video clip on this board. If I can find it I will push the thread back up.

Good luck

Old 01-26-2012, 11:51

They look like 2 topper bows put together.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:24

TOTTS also has the instructions for these. They can be found at TRR. If you look at all the instructions for this style of bow it will not look like the bow you posted. Whomever made that bow has worked with it to give it that perfected look. Can you post a link to the owner of that pic so that they get credit for it? We are not allowed to post pics of other people's work on here....only links to where we find things we are interested in knowing how to make. I would be more than happy to help you out if you need help.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:08

It looks like all those tutorials make this bow with two separate pieces of ribbon. I make it with one piece and it's really very simple, basically you loop the ribbon back and forth like a mountain switchback, always keeping the right side up.

I think this was my very first tutorial attempt from a few years ago which I call the leaf tip bow. Here's the short version - First photo shows the layout of the ribbon. This one I did with 5/8" ribbon. The second is what I would call the back of the bow. (The loops are actually all the same size, but I think the smaller loops just look smaller because they are squished between the tails and the first loops on either side and are also flatter to the cutting mat than the "larger" loops.) The way I see it, the original photo has the bottom layer right side up and the top layer bottom side up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leaftip-hg1.jpg (43.1 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg leaftip-hg2.jpg (51.9 KB, 113 views)
Old 01-29-2012, 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleymom View Post
It looks like all those tutorials make this bow with two separate pieces of ribbon. I make it with one piece and it's really very simple, basically you loop the ribbon back and forth like a mountain switchback, always keeping the right side up.

I think this was my very first tutorial attempt from a few years ago which I call the leaf tip bow. Here's the short version - First photo shows the layout of the ribbon. This one I did with 5/8" ribbon. The second is what I would call the back of the bow. (The loops are actually all the same size, but I think the smaller loops just look smaller because they are squished between the tails and the first loops on either side and are also flatter to the cutting mat than the "larger" loops.) The way I see it, the original photo has the bottom layer right side up and the top layer bottom side up.
Thanks for sharing that with everyone. This should help out a lot.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
TOTTS also has the instructions for these. They can be found at TRR. If you look at all the instructions for this style of bow it will not look like the bow you posted. Whomever made that bow has worked with it to give it that perfected look. Can you post a link to the owner of that pic so that they get credit for it? We are not allowed to post pics of other people's work on here....only links to where we find things we are interested in knowing how to make. I would be more than happy to help you out if you need help.

yes I`ve tried all the links with no sucess it is a very tricky bow IMO would you help us out Ronnie? I would truly appreciatte it!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat font View Post
yes I`ve tried all the links with no sucess it is a very tricky bow IMO would you help us out Ronnie? I would truly appreciatte it!
If I can get a link to where the picture came from then I may be able to check her style on other bows and try to figure it out. A lot of it may have to be with the size and length of ribbon used.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:30

My guess is 1 1/2" ribbon, maybe 5 inch loops and 2 1/2 or 3" ends. So try a 26" piece of ribbon, mark 3" from one end and then every 5 inches which will leave 3 inches on the other end.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:39

The one in the original posters pic is double stacked. That double stacked makes a huge difference on how the overall bow looks. I don't make this style bow but you all have me curious now.
Sponsored Links