http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-20-2012, 07:27

Default How to attach satin rosettes to crochet halter top?

I know how to make clusters and use felt to attach them to headbands, clips, etc. Just wondering how you would attach a cluster to a 5.5" crochet headband to be used as a top? Would you still use felt and glue??! I feel like I should be sewing them on somehow but just can't get it all sorted out in my head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA
Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2012, 07:53

Default Re: How to attach satin rosettes to crochet halter top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni2times View Post
I know how to make clusters and use felt to attach them to headbands, clips, etc. Just wondering how you would attach a cluster to a 5.5" crochet headband to be used as a top? Would you still use felt and glue??! I feel like I should be sewing them on somehow but just can't get it all sorted out in my head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA
I would sew it, if it were me. (Like when I am adding things to the hats that I crochet, although I know that the crochet is different.) But I think I would sew it in the open loops right there where you want it, to be sure it was good and secure-I would worry that with it being stretchy it would not glue well as a top. But then, I could be wrong.

Where do you find the 5.5 crochet? I can only find 1.5" local, but then I am new to the area, so maybe there is a store I did not have back home.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by manshan View Post
I would sew it, if it were me. (Like when I am adding things to the hats that I crochet, although I know that the crochet is different.) But I think I would sew it in the open loops right there where you want it, to be sure it was good and secure-I would worry that with it being stretchy it would not glue well as a top. But then, I could be wrong.

Where do you find the 5.5 crochet? I can only find 1.5" local, but then I am new to the area, so maybe there is a store I did not have back home.
I agree- glue does not seem like the answer but do I still make the cluster with felt and then try to sew it on? I just can't picture how that would work...trying to sew through the glued felt...
hmmm....

You can get 5.5" from any of the wholesale companies online. I've never seen them in stores...
Old 01-20-2012, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni2times View Post
I agree- glue does not seem like the answer but do I still make the cluster with felt and then try to sew it on? I just can't picture how that would work...trying to sew through the glued felt...
hmmm....

You can get 5.5" from any of the wholesale companies online. I've never seen them in stores...
Wonder if you can sew sorta around the felt, up on one side of it and down on the other side...cinching it tight enough that you wont be able to see where you sew...I cannot explain it in words...ugh. LOL I guess basically wrapping the entire bottom of the glued felt...not sure that explained it well either.

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg