Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Velcro for bows and flowers (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/101794-velcro-bows-flowers.html)

RBBoutique 01-18-2012 08:44

Re: Velcro for bows and flowers

Yep thank you! Sometimes I just need it drawn out for me! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilicious (Post 1264836)
I use the "hook" part on my hard headbands and the "loop" part on my clippies as a no slip grip, but if I stuck the two together, they stick (as velcro was intended to). HTH! :smile:

mum2tianna 01-18-2012 09:00

I do velcro bows for babies. I just take 2.5 inches of ribbon, fold in the middle put the hook part of the velcro on one side, the loop velcro on the other, stitch in place ( I worry after use that glue might lift) then attach bow, flower, or embellishment to the top of the ribbon (so basically the ribbon is the clip if that makes sense.

RBBoutique 01-18-2012 09:10

Sorry just did see your post. It's okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysasmommy (Post 1264834)
Sorry I'm no help , but I do know which kind of bows your talking about my oldest dd used em when she was a baby.

RBBoutique 01-18-2012 09:12

Thanks so much! The sad thing is I don't own a sewing machine...oops. I have realized after lots of research that in order to expand from flowers and bows that I am going to need one. Honey...I need a sewing machine! Hopefully he heard me! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by mum2tianna (Post 1264850)
I do velcro bows for babies. I just take 2.5 inches of ribbon, fold in the middle put the hook part of the velcro on one side, the loop velcro on the other, stitch in place ( I worry after use that glue might lift) then attach bow, flower, or embellishment to the top of the ribbon (so basically the ribbon is the clip if that makes sense.

mum2tianna 01-19-2012 08:02

lol I love my sewing machine :) You can just hand stitch though thats all I do for the velcro bows. It's only a stitch or two at each end of the velcro :)

RBBoutique 01-19-2012 12:05

Oh, well I can do that! Just have to buy needs and thread! LOL I'm not one to sew usually, I did in high school but not since. My brother in law keeps trying to get me to quilt with him, but I won't do it...that takes more patience than I'm willing to give to a sewing machine! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by mum2tianna (Post 1264943)
lol I love my sewing machine :) You can just hand stitch though thats all I do for the velcro bows. It's only a stitch or two at each end of the velcro :)