ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-03-2008, 11:31

Default hot fix on other than fabric???

Has anyone used the hot fix tool and rhinestones on anything other than fabric? I want to add rhinestones to my daughters cell phone and I'm wondering what will hold up better.....jewel glue and flatbacks or trying hot fix....if it will even work on plastic or metal??? I haven't yet bought a tool, but I'm going to very soon. I'd like to jazz up some of my kids shorts for summer!

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2008, 11:40

Default Re: hot fix on other than fabric???

I covered my cell phone with about 800 Swarovski crystals several years ago. Since then I've decided I will never have another cell phone without them. I love it and get so many compliments on it. My phone is over 3 years old and it's time for a new one. In those three years I've only lost about 4 stones off of it. Anyway this is where I got all my info from before I started.

Cell Phones
Old 06-03-2008, 11:49

THAT'S AWESOME!!! Thanks so much!!! Exactly what I needed. --Those instructions are great!!! funny too....I like the step about having a drink!!! LOL
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31

You should know... that affixing the crystals on your phones attomatically VOIDS the warranty... so if you are paying insurance on the phone save your money cause you are wasting it... if your phone breaks and you send it in to be "fixed" due to a warranty problem they will tell tough cookies. the phone is voided.

they say it has to do with the crystals and other things insulate the heat inside the case and screws with the computer componets.

call your provider to check what they say... My hubby works for T-mobile and all the manufacturers they carry wont honor the warranty... other wise I would have done that too!
Old 06-03-2008, 03:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by island_girl_bows View Post
You should know... that affixing the crystals on your phones attomatically VOIDS the warranty... so if you are paying insurance on the phone save your money cause you are wasting it... if your phone breaks and you send it in to be "fixed" due to a warranty problem they will tell tough cookies. the phone is voided.

they say it has to do with the crystals and other things insulate the heat inside the case and screws with the computer componets.

call your provider to check what they say... My hubby works for T-mobile and all the manufacturers they carry wont honor the warranty... other wise I would have done that too!
Yes! I had completely forgotten about that. I had a seperate cover that I put my crystals on. They told me as long as I had the original cover to put back on the phone then I was fine. I'm not sure if all companies have the same policy but that's how mine worked. Thankfully I have a great little phone and never had to send it in anyway, but I do still have the original cover just in case.