http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-06-2012, 02:46

Default Hot Fix Help, Please!

How do I use my wood burning tool to apply hot fix crystals? I really don't have the extra $$ to buy a special tool.

Also, does anybody know if Wal-Mart sells the hot fix crytals?

Thanks!

Visit My New Shop: www.charlyandco.com
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:35

Default Re: Hot Fix Help, Please!

I actually thought about doing that last night, but haven't tried it yet. I would think you'd just put the jewel where you want it, then hold the tip of the woodburner on top of the jewel for a couple seconds. I have a hot fix tool and all it is is a flat tip that gets hot and you hold it on top of the stone. I think a wood burner would be more convenient because it stays hot, whereas I have to hold a button on my hot fix tool for a few seconds every single time I want to place a jewel...it's annoying if you're doing a lot. My only concern would be the wood burner being too hot and melting the fabric or ribbon or whatever you are attaching the stone to. Matter of fact....let me go try right now and I will let you know

Oh, and I am not sure if WalMart sells the jewels, but HL, Micheals, Joann's and all of those places do.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:47

That makes sense and kinda what I was thinking. Let me know how it turns out if you try it. I don't have any hotfix crystals right now and live an hour away for Michaels or HL. Thanks again!

Old 01-06-2012, 04:07

It works beautifully! I'd just be careful about how long you hold it on the jewels. I held it on there for 3 seconds and that was perfect. Then I tried 10 seconds just to see what would happen, and everything was fine. It didn't melt the ribbon or anything. HTH
Old 01-06-2012, 04:19

THANK YOU so much! I want to put them on some socks so if it works on ribbon should be fine on the socks. Can't wait to try it myself. Now off to WM to see if they have the crystals.
Much appreciated!!!!

Sponsored Links