Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-01-2012, 09:04

Default Any suggestions?

I am pretty new to this site and this is the first time I've posted a question so I hope I did this right. I recently started attempting to making my own hair bows and things so I really need some suggestions from more experienced crafters on this one. I just got some black mary jane squeaky shoes for my twin girls and I want to make it so I can put different colored bows on top to match their different outfits. My sister-in-law had a pair for her little girl several years ago but I never asked to take a good look at the shoe to see how it was done and she has since gotten rid of the shoes. Is it possible to add some kind of a loop to the top of the shoe so I can clip different bows on? If so... how should I do this?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-01-2012, 09:45

Default Re: Any suggestions?

You can buy shoe clips ( I think) and add the bow to that and then switch them in and out?!?!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
You can buy shoe clips ( I think) and add the bow to that and then switch them in and out?!?!
Yes, just search on Etsy for shoe clips
Old 01-01-2012, 11:20

Yep there was a link the other day to the shoe clips let me see if i can find it
Old 01-01-2012, 11:22

Here it is....
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...hoe-clips.html
HTH
Old 01-02-2012, 11:24

Jayne and I made a great Halloween dress and I made bows for the shoes. We didn't have any show clips, but the shoes had an elastic strap over the instep, like a Mary Jane shoe. I attached velcro to the back of the bow, whip-stitched a "hinge" at the top of the velcro and we just wrapped the velcro around the strap of the shoe. Worked great and the little girl got to wear the shoes after Halloween!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:41

She might of had the shoes that already had the slits on them to attach bows on. I can't for the life of me remember the brand name of them now, but my sister had a pair for her daughter. You could probably attach ribbon or just buy the shoe clips.

Veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 01-03-2012, 03:03

shoe clips
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57

Thank you everyone for the tips! I will try the shoe clips.
Sponsored Links