http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-31-2011, 08:49

Default Question about twisted bows...

So, after trying EVERYTHING, I am finally making twisted bows. THey're still not perfect, but I am so happy that they are even looking like a twisted should look. But when I sit them on my lined clip, they're kind of weird.KWIM?!? Does anyone ever turn the clip upside down and glue the bow on? I was just wondering if that would even work? It sits much better ont he clip when its upside down, sits flat. Just wondering.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:06

Default Re: Question about twisted bows...

I turn my twisted boutiques upside down when i am stacking the bows other than that i put them on the clip normally and use tonssssssss of glue
Old 12-31-2011, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryngiles View Post
I turn my twisted boutiques upside down when i am stacking the bows other than that i put them on the clip normally and use tonssssssss of glue
I'm not stacking them, but I do add spikes. It just sits up on one side when i put it on the clip normally. So I thought if I turn the clip upside down, it would sit flat. But then I don't know if the clip would stay in the hair that way. Does that make sense??? I guess it might just be something Ihave to try!!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:37

Which method are you using to make your twisted bow?

Old 12-31-2011, 01:46

The back of your twisted should have a flat surface there the folds are sewn and pulled together. If I saw a pic maybe I could tell what's happening. Maybe pull your loops and straighten out the center of the bow more
Old 12-31-2011, 04:54

Yes the back of the bow should be flat so you would be able to lay & glue the clip on fine.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:03

I'm guessing you are using Ali clips with no teeth. I've had to adjust where I put them on the backs of my bows to keep one side from sitting higher. If you play around with it you'll find what works best. Also try to keep in mind that your customer probably won't even notice. I know that I am my own worst critic! The other option you might try it to use the Ali clips with teeth. The sides of these are usually slightly curved away from the top, so you wouldn't have the issue with the pinch part of the clip distorting your bow. HTH!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylikesbows View Post
Which method are you using to make your twisted bow?
I've tried every method and couldn't get it. I bought the BBM new snap templates and started getting it. Then I tried the figure 8 method witht a clip from Sally's and they turned out!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeblueafterglow View Post
The back of your twisted should have a flat surface there the folds are sewn and pulled together. If I saw a pic maybe I could tell what's happening. Maybe pull your loops and straighten out the center of the bow more
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bellas View Post
Yes the back of the bow should be flat so you would be able to lay & glue the clip on fine.
The back of my bow is flat. I'm talking about where the clip slants up, thats where my bow slants. SO I thought if I turned the clip over that would help it lay flat. But then I wasn't sure if the clip would stay in thehair that way. That was pretty much my question, had anybody ever made bows with the clip backwards?
Old 12-31-2011, 05:59

Quote:
had anybody ever made bows with the clip backwards?
YES! it stays, and sits better when put in the hair, you don't see it "sticking up" I always add felt or shelve liner anyways and they stay put.
It hugs the head and looks straight, not one side higher then the other, this works awesome for flowers too

Now if I have a bow that has good creases under the bow, somewhere to "tuck" the "up" part, then I'll just lay the clip regular.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee View Post
I'm guessing you are using Ali clips with no teeth. I've had to adjust where I put them on the backs of my bows to keep one side from sitting higher. If you play around with it you'll find what works best. Also try to keep in mind that your customer probably won't even notice. I know that I am my own worst critic! The other option you might try it to use the Ali clips with teeth. The sides of these are usually slightly curved away from the top, so you wouldn't have the issue with the pinch part of the clip distorting your bow. HTH!
I am using ali clips, you're right, most people probably wouldn't notice. It was just drivingme crazy. Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by my6girlz View Post
YES! it stays, and sits better when put in the hair, you don't see it "sticking up" I always add felt or shelve liner anyways and they stay put.
It hugs the head and looks straight, not one side higher then the other, this works awesome for flowers too

Now if I have a bow that has good creases under the bow, somewhere to "tuck" the "up" part, then I'll just lay the clip regular.
Great, thanks!! I thought it would work OK, but wanted to hear from someone that had tried it. Most of the bows I make sit just fine on the clip the way its suppose to go. But when I was trying these, I just didn't like the way it was sticking up. GOing to try it now. Thanks!!