http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-03-2012, 07:57

Default Re: spikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozel View Post
Well, you will be in good company, 'cause we will all be there with you!! Oh, wait! WE can be the ones you go in and clear your stuff away...straight into OUR stashes!!!

LMAO!!!! Although I don't have the stash that some do, there's some goodies in there!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2012, 10:00

I would invest in a metal ruler as well. You can also buy picture frames at the dollar store. On girlythings website they have a pdf of graph paper and they also explain how to use it. Here's a link girlythingsbows.com/heat_sealing.html.

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 01-03-2012, 05:54

Ok, so I'm gonna try to put pics up. I hope I'm doing this right!!! I've never done this before, so bear with me!

First, line up your spikes. I'm using 5 4" spikes for this one.

Then, stack them up

Fold them in half and put your pin in the middle

Fan them out around the needle how you want them to lay

Fold them in half and use a clip in the center to hold them (because you're going to remove the needle)

Thread your needle and go up through the stack about a 14 inch in (you may have to go a little closer to the edge if you use 3/8 inch ribbon in the mix at all)

Tie the ends together tight

Take the clip off and open the spikes out flat. Put the clip back across the center and bring the ends of the string up through. Make sure you aren't going to tie the clip to the spikes

Once you have the top tied tight, remove the clip, turn them over and tie in the back.

Pull the ends of the ribbon out to straighten and flatten the spikes out and you're set
Old 01-03-2012, 05:56

Wow! I think I did it! Hope that helps, girls
Old 01-03-2012, 06:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allicat Boutique View Post
Wow! I think I did it! Hope that helps, girls
thats awesome!! pictures are clear, so i can tell exactly what to do. perfect!! thanks i will have to try this very soon!! :-)
Old 01-03-2012, 07:26

Awesome pics, thank you, i might have to try this way soon.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:43

You're welcome! I'm glad you think those pics are clear cuz I was pulling my hair out!!! DH broke my camera over the holidays, so I'm using an old one that has seen better days New one should be here tomorrow He did me a huge favor cuz I hated the lumix I got the last time, and I'm going back to Canon and won't ever cheat on them again
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.