New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-29-2011, 11:44

Default Re: spikes!!

I couldnt live without my woodburner, you definitely need to getone
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 12-30-2011, 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferua View Post
Yes the wood burner will cut and seal your ribbon all in one step. It's a lovely thing!!

If hubby doesn't have an extra Michales has a 50% off coupon this week and Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon. They run about $14 or $15. I believe Wal-mart has them for like $10.97 as well.

Dude! That's awesome! Guess I know where some of my Christmas money is going Thanks! Can I cut on a glass cutting board?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:17

Yep a glass cutting board works great, they can be expensive so i just out one of my self healing mats under a piece of glass out of a cheap picture frame from goodwill, ,uch cheaper and just as good.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35

I have an old glass cutting board that I forgot I had and bought another one So, I use it to set my glue gun on, cuz it decides to leak sometimes for some strange reason. Wonder if the hubby would notice if I snuck out to Wallyworld? (We live about a half hour away from civilization, so maybe it should wait... lol)
Old 12-30-2011, 02:58

Id try distrating him next time your both in there! Its amazing what i can get in the cart without dh noticing. Lol. However if i disappear on my own he tends to worry, cause as he puts it....i come back with a crapton of stuff that we dont need....so ive started "cutting through" the aisles that have things i want on them and then just slip it in the cart! Its only hard on the craft aisle cause he knows what im up too!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:21

I am interested in getting the wood burning tool. Could someone explain how to use it. Do you lay the ribbon on a glass surface and rub the tool where you want the cut? I am trying to picture this in my head!!

www.MarcootBoutique.etsy.com
Old 12-30-2011, 06:01

Thats how I do mine, I dont like using a wood burner.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allicat Boutique View Post
That's how I do mine, except that i stack them all up, fold in half, put a pin through the middle, then fan out around the needle. Once I have the spikes where I want them, I fold them in half and use a Sally's clip to hold in place. I take the needle out and sew 1/4-1/2 inch in from the fold and tie. Then open it back up and flatten in the center with the clip, bring the thread up through and tie, turn over and tie again.
I think I might have to try your method. Might have to read it a few times to actually get it but it sounds like your method might be better.
I always have a hard time finding the middle and having a neat uniform fold.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by maudie65 View Post
I think I might have to try your method. Might have to read it a few times to actually get it but it sounds like your method might be better.
I always have a hard time finding the middle and having a neat uniform fold.

I can certainly take some pics if that would help
Old 12-30-2011, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryngiles View Post
Id try distrating him next time your both in there! Its amazing what i can get in the cart without dh noticing. Lol. However if i disappear on my own he tends to worry, cause as he puts it....i come back with a crapton of stuff that we dont need....so ive started "cutting through" the aisles that have things i want on them and then just slip it in the cart! Its only hard on the craft aisle cause he knows what im up too!

lol! I go shopping without dh, but usually have the kiddos. So, depends on how thin my patience are wearing by the time I hit the craft aisle I have Christmas money to burn now, so he can't say anything!!! lol
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.