New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-18-2011, 08:13

Default Would You Want Tutorial for This?

For Halloween this year I designed a peacock bustle tutu and it was a pretty big hit. It was pinned on pinterest several times and I received tons of orders for it.

I'm thinking about selling tutorials for some of my designs, but I haven't ever done it before and I don't know if anyone would be interested. I'd really appreciate some feedback on whether or not you think anyone would buy a tut for this tutu, and if so, what do you think it's worth?

It's pretty easy to do, but it does require sewing (just a straight line).

Thank you in advance for any advice!http://www.adulttutus.com/peacock-fe...n-costume.html
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 12-18-2011, 08:35

Default Re: Would You Want Tutorial for This?

that is so beautiful!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy15714 View Post
that is so beautiful!!!
Thank you!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:41

You'll never know until you try, right?

It's not my thing, but very pretty. I look at it two ways-- either try to be exclusive in making them or try to corner both markets by making them and showing others how to make them too. Either way, someone else will eventually figure out how to copy.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:46

That is very pretty. I would sell the tutuorial. I mean eventually it will be copied as previously stated so you might as well get paid for teaching them how to make it. Do it quickly and get it out to the public before someone else does. In this line of work you have to stay ahead of the game. If you stop then they will catch up with you. Good luck to you.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
That is very pretty. I would sell the tutuorial. I mean eventually it will be copied as previously stated so you might as well get paid for teaching them how to make it. Do it quickly and get it out to the public before someone else does. In this line of work you have to stay ahead of the game. If you stop then they will catch up with you. Good luck to you.
Thank you! I really like designing and I've been toying with offering tutorials and perhaps easing out of the retail part of it eventually. As far as being copied, you're 100% correct, it's all part of being online. It doesn't bother me except when they use my photos to sell what they make. Thanks again!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
You'll never know until you try, right?

It's not my thing, but very pretty. I look at it two ways-- either try to be exclusive in making them or try to corner both markets by making them and showing others how to make them too. Either way, someone else will eventually figure out how to copy.
Thank you! I tend to have way more ideas than time so I was thinking maybe I should take the time to do some tutorials so someone else could make all the things I don't have time to produce.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by saref View Post
Thank you! I really like designing and I've been toying with offering tutorials and perhaps easing out of the retail part of it eventually. As far as being copied, you're 100% correct, it's all part of being online. It doesn't bother me except when they use my photos to sell what they make. Thanks again!
Yeah...that sux when that happens. All youcan do is make it harder for them to remove it. I dont know if this works...I need to try it: When you watermark you can do one letter at a time and then save the image layer. So when they try to remove it they have to keep going back to remove each letter individually. I read this on a photographer's personal fb page but have not looked into it.

It would be nice if something could be created to be placed in front of the product as your took pics.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:51

Very pretty and quite unusual. I would agree with getting the best of both markets--sell them and teach them!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Yeah...that sux when that happens. All youcan do is make it harder for them to remove it. I dont know if this works...I need to try it: When you watermark you can do one letter at a time and then save the image layer. So when they try to remove it they have to keep going back to remove each letter individually. I read this on a photographer's personal fb page but have not looked into it.

It would be nice if something could be created to be placed in front of the product as your took pics.
I don't think that will work because you can cover up the WM with something that you make as the top layer.

I think you should make the tutorial because it is so cute and I wouldn't mind buying it.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg

Tags
tutorial, tutu