ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-13-2011, 01:17

Default maternity bow

is there a right way and a wrong way to make a bow for maternity pix? as like a prop or whatever where the mother has a ribbon and a bow around her belly? i have a friend who wants me to make her 1 for saturday
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 12-13-2011, 06:18

Default Re: maternity bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_to_2 View Post
is there a right way and a wrong way to make a bow for maternity pix? as like a prop or whatever where the mother has a ribbon and a bow around her belly? i have a friend who wants me to make her 1 for saturday

Hi! I think it would look lovely if you make the bow really big. The ones I saw on Etsy have really big flowers/bows and they were placed on the side of the mommy's belly.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelboxballerina View Post
Hi! I think it would look lovely if you make the bow really big. The ones I saw on Etsy have really big flowers/bows and they were placed on the side of the mommy's belly.
I agree, it would look cute really big!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:03

I just did one of these and I suggest Double face satin its soft on both sides for the part that will be around mommy's tummy and a big tails down bow would look great.. the one I did was for a boy and she didn't want flowers or anything on it and it needed to be rockstar theam... it was hard ...
Old 12-14-2011, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMerritt_22 View Post
I just did one of these and I suggest Double face satin its soft on both sides for the part that will be around mommy's tummy and a big tails down bow would look great.. the one I did was for a boy and she didn't want flowers or anything on it and it needed to be rockstar theam... it was hard ...
She gave me some ribbon that she wanted me to make the bow out of, the ribbon is 7/8, I think im gonna have to buy a bigger size ribbon because a big bow will look funny out of 7/8's ribbon
Old 12-14-2011, 12:38

She absolutely wants me to use the ribbon she gave me because it says "its a girl" on it, i dont know what kind of bow i can make with this ribbon. if she uses a small bow for her pictures it will look funny if i make a big bow out of this 7/8s ribbon. She needs it by saturday!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_to_2 View Post
She absolutely wants me to use the ribbon she gave me because it says "its a girl" on it, i dont know what kind of bow i can make with this ribbon. if she uses a small bow for her pictures it will look funny if i make a big bow out of this 7/8s ribbon. She needs it by saturday!!!!!!!!

What if you place a layer of 1.5" ribbon behind the printed one in a matching color. Then you can make a much bigger bow and still showcase the ribbon she picked out.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee View Post
What if you place a layer of 1.5" ribbon behind the printed one in a matching color. Then you can make a much bigger bow and still showcase the ribbon she picked out.
thats what i was thinking too
Old 12-15-2011, 10:00

What if you used that ribbon for around her waste, made a nice flower corsage in matching colors, then used that ribbon to make a bow as an embellishment in the flower corsage and leave the tails a little longer so you can read It's a girl. Here is one I made for myself and my fat belly too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6004.jpg (44.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 12-15-2011, 10:29

Thant is so Beautiful!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies