5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-11-2011, 06:26

Default OTT or something...

Hi ladies,

I'm so confused with the OTT bows! I'm self-taught so I really hate to buy tutorials. I've researched this for hours and hours! I was wondering, I've seen tons of things where a base bow is mentioned. When you mention a "base bow" does that go on the very bottom then spikes & the main bow or is it just spikes, base bow & then the main bow? I just don't think mine are quite OTT...any help is so very appreciated. I have a customer requesting one and I'm pulling out my hair
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:48

Default Re: OTT or something...

I think its the base bow, spikes, surround and then the bow. HTH! Try searching for "stacked bow"
Old 12-11-2011, 06:53

Thank you so much doll!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:26

Also, when you do the base bow, don't make it as perky as you would the top bow. It's meant just to lay under the spikes and give them support. I tend not to use the base bow though because I don't like the added bulk. I don't make many bows over 4 inches, so there isn't a big problem with the spikes sagging. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:43

A base bow would go under the spikes of your bow. You can use a basic boutique, pinwheel or tails out. If you want a super fluffy bow, I would use a twisted bow and make it as perky as possible for you OTT bow.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:22

I have seen bows like this one referred to OTT. The base is the loopy bow like the tut from girlythings. Then you add more loops, korkers or anything even feathers to make a large bow. This is one I was playing with to see if it would work.

Does anyone else call this OTT?

www.MarcootBoutique.etsy.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg otp.jpg (56.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 12-11-2011, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcootBoutique View Post
I have seen bows like this one referred to OTT. The base is the loopy bow like the tut from girlythings. Then you add more loops, korkers or anything even feathers to make a large bow. This is one I was playing with to see if it would work.

Does anyone else call this OTT?

Thanks so much all of you!
Yes, I have seen those as OTT with the feathers and all.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:29

If you want free tutorials, girlythings web site has a lot and Mommy Crafts Alot has free tutorials on utube. She also has a facebook page with links to her tuts and she does a great job.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcootBoutique View Post
If you want free tutorials, girlythings web site has a lot and Mommy Crafts Alot has free tutorials on utube. She also has a facebook page with links to her tuts and she does a great job.

Thank you doll
Old 12-11-2011, 10:29

A over the top bow for me is a stacked bow (with a perky twisted bottom bow) with added feathers, crystals, tulle, and any additional fluff you can add. A stacked bow is just a stacked bow until extras are added, also mine are usually at leat 6 inches

Veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg