new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-10-2011, 01:29

Red face Please critique my bows

Hi ladies,

Soo.. today, I was thinking of how bored I am of making korker hair bows and I decided to give other bows a try. This is the FIRST TIME EVER!! that I make these kind of bows and just wanted to know if I'm going in the right direction. One is supposed to be a twisted boutique bow and the other one a stacked bow (on this one, next time I'm thinking about adding more spikes) Please let me know what u think. HONESTLY

I spent like 2 hours making these bows.

TIA for your suggestions and comments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3625.jpg (54.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3624.jpg (64.7 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3627.jpg (62.8 KB, 134 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 12-10-2011, 03:38

Default Re: Please critique my bows

That's pretty good for your first try! I would just concentrate of making your spikes even beneath the bow. But other than that I say "Awesome" and keep making them! You obviously know what you're doing!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:29

The 3rd pic, flip it over. Right now, it's showing the "backside" of the bow instead of the front. =)

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
The 3rd pic, flip it over. Right now, it's showing the "backside" of the bow instead of the front. =)
I was going to say the same thing. The third pic is showing the back of your bow. I had the same thing happen when I first started making these bows. The front of the bow will have a "X" shape and the back will have the two parallel lines. HTH!

For the stacked bow, keep it up. I would practice making just the spikes and getting them even. You can play with them over and over. Everyone has their own technique, but if you start out basic you'll find something that works for you. But you're on the right track!!

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 12-10-2011, 06:56

Last edited by ronnie; 12-18-2011 at 09:26.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:52

Trying my best to figure out where you went wrong I havent read the other comments yet

I think that your twisted bow is backwards, the side you took the picture of is the back of the bow, flip the loops around and take another picture and then we can help with shaping

And as far as the stacked bow, maybe it is just my personal opinion, but I think you need a bow with 4 loops for the center, or a bow with 4 loops on the bottom and then you can do the 2 loop bow on top. At this point I just dont think it looks finished. Also making your spikes fan out more evenly will make a world of difference. I never do less than 6 spikes.

Finally the surrounding loops are supposed to surround the loops of a bow, hence the reason I mentioned having the 4 loop bow instead of the 2 loop bow. But if you really want to stick with the 2 loop bow then ditch the surround loops.

Krista
Old 12-10-2011, 08:58

Try adding a base bow to that stacked bow. A base bow, then spikes, then surround a bow and then your topper!

Keep going!

Old 12-10-2011, 11:41

Thank you so much for all the help. And yes, the 3rd one I knew something looked weird and couldn't figure out what. I did some more research on the stacked bow and I'm missing 2 layers to make the one I wanted. I will definitely work on getting loops, spikes, etc... To look more even. Thanks again girls, these tips really help. Hopefully I can soon make them good enough to sell them. I found so e tutors on YouTube and were very helpful. I will keep trying until I get it right.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:54

Sweet. I like the way you used two pieces of ribbon for the two toned effect.

Kel
Old 12-12-2011, 06:42

To be honest, I don't like them.
Sponsored Links