New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-06-2011, 07:54

Default Re: Bow crisis!

If u Use glue stick i literally have my glue gun on for 5 or 10 min at least before using it but i only hot glue my my own daughters bows for the ones i see i only use e6000.. i actually use the (i dont know what its called ) when u buy a button kit, the part that is a circle flat with a loop on the outside. well i glue that with e6000 onto my cap and let it sit overnight and then attach it to my bow the next day HTH.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:46

I use a high temp hot glue gun. I did get my glue at walmart but they are clear. The ones at hobby lobby are almost yellow so I figured those were bad. I leave my gun on for a long time (like hours) - could that be a bad thing? Marcie, I may try that. I am just so embarrassed that happened. I appreciate all your suggestions ladies. I'm open to try anything.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:22

For my bottle caps I glue a small piece of felt using e6000 to the bottle cap then hot glue the cap to the bow. I think the bottle cap is just to smooth for the hot glue to stick to so the felt helps. I like e6000 but it seems like it takes forever to dry so that is why I do not use it to glue the actual bottle cap to the bow. As far as the clip, make sure you are not letting you glue cool off before you get the bow on the clip. Hope this helps!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:43

Oh man, this has happened to me twice! With two different brands of glue sticks... I haven't had any caps come off, but the clips came off. Luckily the 2nd time was my daughters bow, but still what gives?!?! I bought my sticks at Walmart too, and the glue gun was my moms... I might try a new gun and e6000....

What brand glue gun do you Lovely Ladies suggest? Mine is "Arrow"

Good Luck!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:16

At one point I ran out of E6000 and only had hot glue for bottlecaps. I used a small piece of sandpaper to rough up the inside of the cap...that gives the glue something to hold on to. If there is a liner in it I use the end of a pair of scissors to rough up the plastic. And I only use the mini glue sticks from wal-mart. I have never had a problem with things falling apart. hth!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:40

When I attach my bottle caps to the bows I use a pompom, glued to the bow then to the bottle cap with a Multi Temp glue stick (from walmart) and the Arrow mini glue gun. I'm getting a new gun today, a high temp one from Michaels, hopefully this will fix things. Keep you guys posted
Old 12-08-2011, 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendysbows View Post
At one point I ran out of E6000 and only had hot glue for bottlecaps. I used a small piece of sandpaper to rough up the inside of the cap...that gives the glue something to hold on to. If there is a liner in it I use the end of a pair of scissors to rough up the plastic. And I only use the mini glue sticks from wal-mart. I have never had a problem with things falling apart. hth!
oooh, that's a good idea, thanks!

I usually just use a high temp glue gun for my bottlecaps onto grosgrain, and I literally can't pull them off. But, the other day, I had a couple fall off... come to find out they had the liner on the inside, and I didn't notice. Oops!

Sponsored Links