Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-02-2011, 09:18
Default Can anyone help me with a vinyl question?

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I am attempting to do wine glasses, etc. for my coworkers for Christmas and I have apparently only put vinyl on flat surfaces before. How do you get the vinyl to lay flat on a curved surface like a wine glass? I was trying to do a NY skyline and it is a disaster. I was thinking of trying to cut the bottom on a curve, but I don't think my brain can do the math for that!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 07:05
Default Re: Can anyone help me with a vinyl question?

I honestly have no experience with that whatsoever, but the only thing I can think of would be to take skinny triangular slivers out (like upside down skinny "V"s, but I wouldn't cut them all the way to thru to the top. I'd try to attach it and scoot the edges of the V that were cut out together. That would make the bottom of the vinyl have gradually less surface area than the top, which I think is what you are looking for. Other than that, I really don't know. Hope someone can help you out.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:10
Default Re: Can anyone help me with a vinyl question?

This is just one of many videos that came up when I googled "applying vinyl to a curved surface" hth! Hope it works out! Would love to see a pic when you are done.
Sponsored Links