New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2011, 04:08
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Newhall CA
Posts: 181
Default How to make a hair bow basket

Hi everyone,
I have a birthday party to attend and wanted to give the little girl a hair clippie basket, not the flower pot type but an actual basket. Any ideas on how to pull it all together?
TIA
__________________
ISO PETTI PUFFS!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:51
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: memphis, tn
Posts: 76
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

I donated a hair bow basket to my daughter's school's silent auction. Basically what I did is put some stuffing in the basket (whatever prettiness you prefer) and some basic things (cosmetic bag, hairbrush) in the basket. Then I took a long piece of 1 1/2" ribbon and wove it very loosely around the basket handle with the two ends of the ribbon sort of draping down into the basket...I tucked them down in the filler. Then I clipped the bows to the ribbon, around the handle and on the ribbon draped into the basket.

I'm sure there are many other ways to do it, but it was eye-catching and brought in a good donation
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2011, 01:41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Newhall CA
Posts: 181
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

Sounds pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by casemarten View Post
I donated a hair bow basket to my daughter's school's silent auction. Basically what I did is put some stuffing in the basket (whatever prettiness you prefer) and some basic things (cosmetic bag, hairbrush) in the basket. Then I took a long piece of 1 1/2" ribbon and wove it very loosely around the basket handle with the two ends of the ribbon sort of draping down into the basket...I tucked them down in the filler. Then I clipped the bows to the ribbon, around the handle and on the ribbon draped into the basket.

I'm sure there are many other ways to do it, but it was eye-catching and brought in a good donation
__________________
ISO PETTI PUFFS!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,156
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by casemarten View Post
...

I'm sure there are many other ways to do it, but it was eye-catching and brought in a good donation
That's the way I picture doing a gift basket.

I think the only question is what kind of filler to use. I suggest gift tissue paper. If you don't have enough you could "inflate" a 1 quart or 1 gallon ziplock type food storage bag and place the tissue over that.

Kel
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2011, 08:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Newhall CA
Posts: 181
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

I like this idea, I will have to try it this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
That's the way I picture doing a gift basket.

I think the only question is what kind of filler to use. I suggest gift tissue paper. If you don't have enough you could "inflate" a 1 quart or 1 gallon ziplock type food storage bag and place the tissue over that.

Kel
__________________
ISO PETTI PUFFS!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2011, 01:51
hipgirl's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,319
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

I like this one:

http://pinkpapillon.typepad.com/.a/6...ca75970b-800wi

Seems 1/4" dowel is used.

I also like my own version




How To Make A Hair Bow Gift Basket--Part I


How To Make A Hair Bow Gift Basket--Part II


Thanks.


Michelle
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2011, 04:48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Newhall CA
Posts: 181
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

Thanks
I will have to try to make this

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipgirl View Post
__________________
ISO PETTI PUFFS!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2011, 07:38
texasmonkeymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,122
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

I've done a few, here's one I shared a while back, I have others I can post if you want to get more ideas.

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...ow-basket.html
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2011, 11:42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 312
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

Michelle, that is so adorable!! I want to make one!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:13
hipgirl's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,319
Default Re: How to make a hair bow basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozel View Post
Michelle, that is so adorable!! I want to make one!!!
Thank you

Michelle
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger