Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-30-2011, 04:15

Default BBM snap templates

Are they easier to use the the original twisted template. I cannot for the LIFE OF ME figure out the twisted boutique bow!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 04:28

Default Re: BBM snap templates

I personally like them better, and they have lots more folding methods.

But I might not be the most unbiased person to ask

I am happy to help with questions though!

Also ask someone what they think about the Wrap N Snap fold.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:41

I had the old templates and for the life of me couldn't get the twisted. I have the new ones and love them!! My first bow came out actually looking like a twisted bow!! I haven't worked with it as much as I would like to, but yes, they are great!! The classics are still my fav and I love the new small template.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
I had the old templates and for the life of me couldn't get the twisted. I have the new ones and love them!! My first bow came out actually looking like a twisted bow!! I haven't worked with it as much as I would like to, but yes, they are great!! The classics are still my fav and I love the new small template.

I was hoping you would answer! I knew you had both and the twisted ones weren't working out, but the Snap were.

We'll be at the Ballard HS show this weekend and the Expo gift show the following weekend. If you're there stop by and say hi!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:53

I ADORE these templates, old and new!! I learned foldig by hand and that's great, but I want my piggy tail bows to be perfect! And these get them exact. I think the biggest mistake, from readin posts here, don't just dive in. Really read all of her amazing info first. Let it sink in. I never had a problem with the old templates, or even folding by hand. I just got it, I guess. Something to consider, and it will make or break your bow, is your creasing. I am more than happy to assist you in using your templates. I use them every day!! I have measurement memorized, I know which sizes are my best sellers, etc... The basic bow templates, the only thing different is the sizes (I have never used the stapler). The twisted bow is different, but amazing! You won't regret it. I am not affiitated, I promise. I just love them!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPLKaryn View Post
I was hoping you would answer! I knew you had both and the twisted ones weren't working out, but the Snap were.

We'll be at the Ballard HS show this weekend and the Expo gift show the following weekend. If you're there stop by and say hi!
I try to answer anytime this is asked. I truly love my BBM tamplates. Been using them for 3 years, and now I am so happy that I bought the new set.
I am going to try to make it Ballard on Sunday, DD has dance competition on Saturday. If I don't make it, will def stop in at the Christmas Expo.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by banglesnbows View Post
I ADORE these templates, old and new!! I learned foldig by hand and that's great, but I want my piggy tail bows to be perfect! And these get them exact. I think the biggest mistake, from readin posts here, don't just dive in. Really read all of her amazing info first. Let it sink in. I never had a problem with the old templates, or even folding by hand. I just got it, I guess. Something to consider, and it will make or break your bow, is your creasing. I am more than happy to assist you in using your templates. I use them every day!! I have measurement memorized, I know which sizes are my best sellers, etc... The basic bow templates, the only thing different is the sizes (I have never used the stapler). The twisted bow is different, but amazing! You won't regret it. I am not affiitated, I promise. I just love them!
do you sew or tie yours? i'm looking for help with the sewing stitch placement as the pics in the book just shows dots . . .

yes, i've read the book numerous times and compared the written words to the pics . . . and still have quite a few questions on both the twisted & classic bow templates.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:48

Unhappy Re: BBM snap templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
do you sew or tie yours? i'm looking for help with the sewing stitch placement as the pics in the book just shows dots . . .

yes, i've read the book numerous times and compared the written words to the pics . . . and still have quite a few questions on both the twisted & classic bow templates.
I sew. When it's on the template, the method ilike the best is this, if the loops are pointing up toward your face I insert my needle from this side. Starting there you go down, back up, down, back up, down , back up total 3x's. Does that make sense? Really what you have to do is play with your creasing. Some people crease three some two. I crease two. Something else, in her intructions, make sure you pull with your fingers to help shape. It really helps. Get a good shape, spray starch and then bake.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by banglesnbows View Post
I sew. When it's on the template, the method ilike the best is this, if the loops are pointing up toward your face I insert my needle from this side. Starting there you go down, back up, down, back up, down , back up total 3x's. Does that make sense? Really what you have to do is play with your creasing. Some people crease three some two. I crease two. Something else, in her intructions, make sure you pull with your fingers to help shape. It really helps. Get a good shape, spray starch and then bake.
thanks . . . i'm assuming i'd start at the edge of the ribbon/wing if i were following the classic bow ? or do i start on the right dot shown on page 27 - 1st pic? it's all these dots with no sewing thread showing that's driving me nuts!

lol - a pic would be worth 1,000 words!

also, i'm finding out that i can't use printed ribbon on this as the tails show the solid side
Old 12-01-2011, 09:46

I absolutely love the classic templates and just recently bought the newer set that has more sizes. Sounds like I'm going to have to give the snap templates a try!
Sponsored Links