http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-01-2011, 11:30

Default Re: BBM snap templates

I think I have the older Twisted templates. What are the snap ones and what do they do? Have the twisted ones changed?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:38

Karyn,
Will you be posting another demonstration on the snap templates? I did see one but it was kind of hard to see exactly what you were doing...
Old 12-02-2011, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
thanks . . . i'm assuming i'd start at the edge of the ribbon/wing if i were following the classic bow ? or do i start on the right dot shown on page 27 - 1st pic? it's all these dots with no sewing thread showing that's driving me nuts!

lol - a pic would be worth 1,000 words!

also, i'm finding out that i can't use printed ribbon on this as the tails show the solid side
I will take a picture of how I sew both for you. And for printed ribbon, I use two ribbons. Solid on the inside printed on the outside.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

Like this. I used red on the inside. Yupou definitely need a good thimble. I have a leather one I got from joanns.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola459 View Post
I think I have the older Twisted templates. What are the snap ones and what do they do? Have the twisted ones changed?
They are different and you can do them as small as 1.5"!!! If you have the older ones and love them, you will love these even more!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:44

Quote:
thanks . . . i'm assuming i'd start at the edge of the ribbon/wing if i were following the classic bow ? or do i start on the right dot shown on page 27 - 1st pic? it's all these dots with no sewing thread showing that's driving me nuts!

lol - a pic would be worth 1,000 words!

also, i'm finding out that i can't use printed ribbon on this as the tails show the solid side
Question, on the twisted I always end up with the bows being uneven no matter how hard I try to sew the thread in the middle of the bow when on the template (old ones, haven't tried the new)...any advice on what I am doing wrong? My bow always has one side bigger than the other.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffinae View Post
Question, on the twisted I always end up with the bows being uneven no matter how hard I try to sew the thread in the middle of the bow when on the template (old ones, haven't tried the new)...any advice on what I am doing wrong? My bow always has one side bigger than the other.
you're asking me - lol! i only wish i had the answers! the same thing keeps on happening to me with the classic bow. . . so i'm gonna try drawing a center line on the ribbon. i can't figure out why the center slot is so wide on these templates/creates lots of room for error.

to destress/get ready for the holidays . . . i'm packing the templates away til after the holidays & then take a fresh look at them.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by banglesnbows View Post
I will take a picture of how I sew both for you. And for printed ribbon, I use two ribbons. Solid on the inside printed on the outside.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

Like this. I used red on the inside. Yupou definitely need a good thimble. I have a leather one I got from joanns.
that bow is stunning! i never realized how much of the inner color showed and you're right - it has to be lined with another ribbon - thank you.

yup, i can see where it'd be real tough to go thru all those ribbons - but as you've shows, it's not impossible!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:20

Quote:
that bow is stunning! i never realized how much of the inner color showed and you're right - it has to be lined with another ribbon - thank you.

yup, i can see where it'd be real tough to go thru all those ribbons - but as you've shows, it's not impossible!
Thank you! It's not hard with a thimble. And it does make a huge difference. Especially with white printed ribbon. I will try to post pictures tomorrow. Busy weekend.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg