http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-26-2011, 11:44

Default Re: What template is used for these bows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
i personally am template challenged . . . and just found this one/technique that i've never seen before . . . gonna try it on the sewing machine & see how that works - zigzag over 1/8" ribbon

and the example shows it w/printed ribbon . . . very clear/precise instructions

http://patches.typepad.com/notes_fro...hair-bows.html
This is a plain pinwheel bow. And honestly, it is so much easier to just use a template for that one, you can even make your own.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by banglesnbows View Post
Is this what you want? Sorry about the bad pictures. Computer is occupied. This was done with the brilliant bow maker by little pink lady bug. Love them!
Yes, that's how mine come out. There must be a popular template set that does them so the tail is inside the back loop and the bow looks upside down (to me) because I see a lot of those around.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:58

I thought you wanted the tail coming out the back! Lol... It can be tucked inside too. You can do it either way with those templates. That's why they are so awesome!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26

Quote:
I thought you wanted the tail coming out the back! Lol... It can be tucked inside too. You can do it either way with those templates. That's why they are so awesome!
Oh no, I'm not the OP! She does want them that way. I just didn't think you could do it with templates because I'd only seen the ones that were pointed out to me as template bows made with the tails inside. I don't use templates.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:21

Those actually look like my TBB made from the figure 8 method, no template at all.

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 11-29-2011, 12:19

Thank you SOO much for all of the Feedback! I think i will invest in the templates and see how that goes. I just did my first show and am looking to expand my selection. Thank you so much for all of the examples and advice, I will see what happens with the templates!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:40

That tutorial is awesome--my bows turned out perfectly and I can do the math to make any size I want! And, the directions are free!
Old 12-10-2011, 06:15

Quote:
Is this what you want? Sorry about the bad pictures. Computer is occupied. This was done with the brilliant bow maker by little pink lady bug. Love them!
thanks for sharing the pic . . . and double thanks for illustrating w/a printed ribbon!!!!!!!

i've got the snap t/plates . . . but my back tail shows the wrong/unprinted side of the ribbon - i use the wrap around the guide method to measure/mark the center of the ribbon.

would you mind steering me in the right direction/page # on how to get the printed side showing . . . i'd really appreciate it!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
i personally am template challenged . . . and just found this one/technique that i've never seen before . . . gonna try it on the sewing machine & see how that works - zigzag over 1/8" ribbon

and the example shows it w/printed ribbon . . . very clear/precise instructions

http://patches.typepad.com/notes_fro...hair-bows.html
Thanks everybody I'm newbee in this page, I think so that I will learn a lot with us, no only make bows, I need practice my english, thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif