New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-23-2011, 05:36

Unhappy Ribbon Puff Troubles

Ohh ladies! Why is it that the most simple bow of all gives ME trouble?!?!? I bought the tut and I am having problems at the end part. Super crazy newbie sewing question: WHAT IS CINCHING??? I have 0 sewing background I can barely thread that darn needle it seems Not only do I not know how to cinch it (I have just been tying it) I also am having problems with "holes" in the puff. It just doesn't look as full as the ones I'm seeing on here?!? And my puffs look very small in comparison too, I use the number of strips it called for so I dunno what the problem is....HELP

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-23-2011, 06:43

Default Re: Ribbon Puff Troubles

I'm having trouble, too! Every time some one says these are so easy I feel like going in the corner and crying! Korkers I can make....these puffs, not so much! Mine look like an elephant stepped on them.

Joanne
Old 11-23-2011, 06:46

Amen to this sister! I can do korkers no problem but I just am having a time with these cuties! Don't get me wrong the tutorial was good I think its just me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall52 View Post
I'm having trouble, too! Every time some one says these are so easy I feel like going in the corner and crying! Korkers I can make....these puffs, not so much! Mine look like an elephant stepped on them.

Joanne
Old 11-23-2011, 06:51

Cinching is pulling it together tightly. What I do is leave about 2 inches of thread after my very first loop and then when you are all done adding them, you have a thread to tie tightly with the other end. The tighter the thread is pulled, the better results you will get. Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:55

Thank you! Cinching sounds like a cinch, haha. I knew it was gonna be a blonde moment when I was told what cinching was, I was already tying them though. As far as leaving the 2 inches I am doing that too its just when I tighten them they are not fanning out well I will keep trying though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
Cinching is pulling it together tightly. What I do is leave about 2 inches of thread after my very first loop and then when you are all done adding them, you have a thread to tie tightly with the other end. The tighter the thread is pulled, the better results you will get. Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:57

Don`t feel bad ladies I can even make pretty decent stackd twisted bows and puffs are a no no to me.....don`t get me wrong either the tut is great the problem is me!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:03

Like! Glad I'm not alone at least. Buttt we shall keep trying! Don't know about you girls but I'm pretty persistant
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat font View Post
Don`t feel bad ladies I can even make pretty decent stackd twisted bows and puffs are a no no to me.....don`t get me wrong either the tut is great the problem is me!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.BowlingtheBowMaker View Post
Ohh ladies! Why is it that the most simple bow of all gives ME trouble?!?!? I bought the tut and I am having problems at the end part. Super crazy newbie sewing question: WHAT IS CINCHING??? I have 0 sewing background I can barely thread that darn needle it seems Not only do I not know how to cinch it (I have just been tying it) I also am having problems with "holes" in the puff. It just doesn't look as full as the ones I'm seeing on here?!? And my puffs look very small in comparison too, I use the number of strips it called for so I dunno what the problem is....HELP

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!!
Have you tried emailing the person that sold you the tut?

I'd give them a chance to trouble shoot and explain the instructions in more detail before you get in trouble for discussing the details of a paid tut on the boards.

Just a thought.

Kel
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40

I am pretty sure the paied instructions came with a video that shows the end sewing and such
Old 11-23-2011, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.BowlingtheBowMaker View Post
Thank you! Cinching sounds like a cinch, haha. I knew it was gonna be a blonde moment when I was told what cinching was, I was already tying them though. As far as leaving the 2 inches I am doing that too its just when I tighten them they are not fanning out well I will keep trying though!
I'm not blonde...what's my excuse?

Joanne (cause I'm worth it auburn)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies