New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Hairbow Gallery

Hairbow Gallery Hairbows, hair clips, headbands, bottlecaps... Share your picture here.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:01

Default first stacked bow...

this is my first EVER stacked bow. Since my 18 month old daughter had very little hair I have never tried to attempt to make one ( she just wears mini bows on clippies). I tried one yesterday and this is what it came out like. Please let me know what you think & what needs to be improved on. How much would you sell a bow like this for? Thanks for any info that you can help me with!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bow.jpg (58.9 KB, 88 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 01-11-2011, 10:08

Default Re: first stacked bow...

Cute! I love that flower ribbon!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17

Good job on your first. I think the flower print needs to be shaped better so it doesnt look scrunched up on the spikes and so your spikes dont look so big. Not sure on price.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:49

I agree, very nice for your first try, see if you can get the flower print bow to shape or make your spikes a little smaller. As far as price, maybe $6? Keep at it, they will get better and better especially since it's this pretty for your first try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_hernandez402 View Post
Good job on your first. I think the flower print needs to be shaped better so it doesnt look scrunched up on the spikes and so your spikes dont look so big. Not sure on price.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:42

LOVE that flower ribbon!

But, I think your top bow is upside down. The X should be the top of the bow and the = is the back. Make sense? Hope Im not offending you, that is WAY better than any of my first stacked bows!! Keep making them, they get better each time!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:45

I think it's a great 1st try. I am confused now about the last comment. I am working on my 1st stacked bow too and I am so frustrated because I've seen so many pictures and my bow looks like some but not others. I am to the point where I am just going to put it together and hope it turns out useable! LOL Good enough for my daughter to wear.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebug*sbows View Post
LOVE that flower ribbon!

But, I think your top bow is upside down. The X should be the top of the bow and the = is the back. Make sense? Hope Im not offending you, that is WAY better than any of my first stacked bows!! Keep making them, they get better each time!
I see that in the base bow, not the top bow. You have a really sharp eye.

Overall I think the bow is really pretty, not just for a first bow but may even for a 5th or 10th.

Kel
Old 01-12-2011, 07:38

thanks so much girls! I'm gonna keep practicing, with all the information in mind, and I hope soon I will have some awesome bows to show off!

Amber
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif