5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Hairbow Gallery

Hairbow Gallery Hairbows, hair clips, headbands, bottlecaps... Share your picture here.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:27

Default Re: 1st attempt to kansashi Flowers with Lynns leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
Thanks Pat!
I am going to try the glue gun... I love my glue gun too- lol!! I am often frustrated with the petals not being symmetrical and falling down. I love this idea of glueing them. Awesome!

I learned kanzashi from a book called "Kanzashi in Bloom" (you can buy it on Amazon)- not from a tut online. The book is wonderful! It is very similar in technique to the tut you posted but showcases a few more petal styles as well as tips and tricks.

Here are a few that I have made...

*sorry some of the pics are so big... I have no idea how to get pics to load here in a slideshow how you all do... I need to figure that out. Sorry!

OMG Courtney you are a Kansashi PRO!!!!! They are all beautiful why don`t you have them in your Etsy?
Thanks for the book tip another thing for my wish list ...... with all these group buys going on now.....and the list growing larger each day LOL
PD: I posted pics of what i`ve done with the buttons we just booought last week under the thread What I`ve been doing with covered buttons
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 01-24-2010, 07:40

Thank you Pat!

I do LOVE to so Kanzashi... it's so much fun. It takes me a while as I am VERY particular. lol! Each of my flowers is one of a kind- I choose fabric and embellishments on a whim. I love it!

You inspired me ... I made 6 new kanzashi flowers this weekend and just listed them in my etsy shop. I've been meaning to do that for some time, but have been busy with other orders (I sell snack bags and they are very popular). But I made some new flowers and they are listed! I made 3 as hair clips and 3 as hair clips paired with military hats.

I really need to figure out how to do a slideshow of pics so will spare any further large pics here... but here is a link to my etsy if you'd like to see what I've done this weekend. Enjoy!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fabricblooms

Courtney
Old 01-24-2010, 08:09

OMG I can see you really got inspired! I saw your etsy a couple of days ago and loved your snack bags....and couldn`t tell if you where using buttons for those otr waht but know I see you got the button fever LOL
and your flowers they are all soo great my favs are the brown and pink center and the funky floral flower with the khaki military hat.
Your store just looks better and better congrats!
I wish I could open one but living outside the US makes it impossible as shipping would be killer although I`ve been thinking about opening one just for PDF tuts...I soo much want t have an ETSY store as you girls!
So I am working on making a list of interesting tuts I could make to see if it`s worth.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:29

Thank you so much I am so excited to try this.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdickeymom View Post
Thank you so much I am so excited to try this.
Glad you liked them! remeber to post pics when you make one