5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Hairbow Gallery

Hairbow Gallery Hairbows, hair clips, headbands, bottlecaps... Share your picture here.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:21

Default Tonya

I absolutely love your clippies and I have been printing off all of your instructions to make for my baby.
I seen on the bottom of them that you have put for personal use only. I was wondering if that means that I cannot make them to sell. If I can't that is fine I just wanted to know before I did anything that I am not supposed to do. So far I have only made them for my baby.
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialhome View Post
I absolutely love your clippies and I have been printing off all of your instructions to make for my baby.
I seen on the bottom of them that you have put for personal use only. I was wondering if that means that I cannot make them to sell. If I can't that is fine I just wanted to know before I did anything that I am not supposed to do. So far I have only made them for my baby.
Melissa
Hey there!

You can do whatever you want with the clippies you make - I have absolutely no jurisdiction over anyhting you or anyone else makes!

That statement is at the bottom of the instructions because it applies to the instructions and the instructions only. I've seen where not-so-nice people have stolen instructions/research/patterns/someone-else's-hard-work, some going so far as to take word for word and picture for picture, and sold it as their own. Now that my instructions/pictures are out there in the big bad eWorld, I just don't want anyone stealing and selling what I'm offering for free. It's sad that dishonest people do things like that, but unfortunately it does happen.

It's my hope that you all use those instructions as a starting place and let your own creativity and style take you much further than my humble beginings! I think it's so nice that everyone here can be inspired by each other. I know I see some new inspiration every day from you guys and I like to give back what I can.

Hope that clears it up for ya!

Last edited by Tonya; 01-03-2008 at 05:59.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:25

Thanks Tonya,
It does make sense. I am very inspired by the instructions that you and everyone else puts on this forum I just have never seen that on any of them and just wanted to make sure that I knew what it meant and didn't do anything that I wasn't supposed to. I just hope that mine turns out as cute as yours does. I know that it will be better as soon as I get a woodburner. My husband won't let me buy one b/c my bday is next wed. I hope that means he is getting me one.
Melissa
Old 01-03-2008, 09:13

Thank you Tonya for all your instructions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
Hey there!

That statement is at the bottom of the instructions because it applies to the instructions and the instructions only. I've seen where not-so-nice people have stolen instructions/research/patterns/someone-else's-hard-work, some going so far as to take word for word and picture for picture, and sold it as their own. Now that my instructions/pictures are out there in the big bad eWorld, I just don't want anyone stealing and selling what I'm offering for free. It's sad that dishonest people do things like that, but unfortunately it does happen.
I have experienced that. A few years ago I wrote up a tutorial on how to sew a twirl skirt and posted it on a sewing forum I was part of. I later found it word for word (just copied and pasted) in other parts of cyber world with other people claiming it as their own instructions. I mean it is a simple process anyone with sewing ability could figure out, and there are millions of versions out there these days, the least someone could do is change the wording. I was so furious!!!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 01-04-2008, 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkynmunky
I have experienced that. A few years ago I wrote up a tutorial on how to sew a twirl skirt and posted it on a sewing forum I was part of. I later found it word for word (just copied and pasted) in other parts of cyber world with other people claiming it as their own instructions. I mean it is a simple process anyone with sewing ability could figure out, and there are millions of versions out there these days, the least someone could do is change the wording. I was so furious!!!
I'm so sorry that happened to you! I would be upset too - the part that gets me is that they don't even try to ask permission or give credit where it's due. Personally, I usually don't mind sharing things as long as whoever is using it goes about it with good eManners by at least asking and crediting. It's always a few rotten apples that spoil the whole bunch though, huh?
Old 01-04-2008, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialhome View Post
Melissa
I don't sell my clips, I just make them for fun . So, if you like my instructions and would would like to sell clips using them, please do so, I would be honored that someone likes my instruction that much.

My online store:

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies