150-forum-ads
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/snazziedrawers-150.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/MMexclusivewholesaleribbon-150.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-auctions.gif
new product--hello kitty 5/8' satin ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/150-earthehosting.gif
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Hairbow Gallery

Hairbow Gallery Hairbows, hair clips, headbands, bottlecaps... Share your picture here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2007, 10:54
hipgirl's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,319
Default Please crop and resize your pictures

Why crop and resize your images?

1. crop--so the object will be maximized (very important if the image is for eBay gallery or website title image or forum thumbnail image. Please see the attachment. Assume they are eBay gallery image. Which one will get more clicks by potential buyers?

2. crop & resize--So your page is loaded quickly. Remember, a lot of potential buyers (or forum members) are using dial up. They'll walk away from your page (product or info) if it taks forever to load.

3. crop & resize--so the traffic of the internet will be better and everybody will be happy

So please crop and resize your picture before upload your picture to photobucket or to this forum. Below is the thread about how to resize images. Most of the time, a simple crop will do.

How to resize image size in bulk

Thank you.

Michelle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rock22.jpg (78.1 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg clips 898.jpg (58.5 KB, 113 views)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/allthefrillsboutique-700.jpg
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2007, 10:56
alibali's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,417
Default

THanks MIchelle! I really need to do that so I will check out how to do it. ps-those pink and black polka dot bows are so cute!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007, 05:33
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 45
Default

Great tip. Thanks
Roxanne
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007, 07:21
rn4picu's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,066
Default

I have tried and don't understand how to work the programs.
__________________
Tara
www.gazoodlesbowtique.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007, 07:23
*Jill*'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,726
Default

how do you attach it as a thumbnail?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007, 07:38
rn4picu's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,066
Default

I agree with you Ainsley!! What is a thubnail Jill??
__________________
Tara
www.gazoodlesbowtique.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53
Lynn*'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,958
Default Hello Michelle

I would like to ask, as my stupid old computer has not got that program and I am computer not very literate, I don't know how to resize my photo. If I have a full size photo, upload it to photobucket, then not copy and paste it here, but just provide the link, would it annoy the forum?

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipgirl View Post
Why crop and resize your images?

1. crop--so the object will be maximized (very important if the image is for eBay gallery or website title image or forum thumbnail image. Please see the attachment. Assume they are eBay gallery image. Which one will get more clicks by potential buyers?

2. crop & resize--So your page is loaded quickly. Remember, a lot of potential buyers (or forum members) are using dial up. They'll walk away from your page (product or info) if it taks forever to load.

3. crop & resize--so the traffic of the internet will be better and everybody will be happy

So please crop and resize your picture before upload your picture to photobucket or to this forum. Below is the thread about how to resize images. Most of the time, a simple crop will do.

How to resize image size in bulk

Thank you.

Michelle
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2007, 11:08
hipgirl's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn* View Post
I would like to ask, as my stupid old computer has not got that program and I am computer not very literate, I don't know how to resize my photo. If I have a full size photo, upload it to photobucket, then not copy and paste it here, but just provide the link, would it annoy the forum?

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

If somebody open your thread, read the message and decide do not click the link, there will be no image problem. all she gets are characters.

When a user click your link, her PC begins download your image from photobucket. If the size is too large, it'll take long time (especially for those dialup user).

Your bows are beautiful so I think most of members who open your post will click the link. And personally I like those threads with images instead of links.

The difference is: if you have 5 link, user click one of them, her PC only load 1 image. If you copy& paste all 5 images, her PC will load 5 images at once.

I'll add a resize image tutorial using 'Paint' which is on every PC (not sure Mac). I'll put it in 'Picture Perfect' forum. Please give me several days.

By the way, before you upload an image to eBay, you'd better resize it. eBay will resize your image automatically and it'll blur the picture. To get the best effect of the gallary picture, you need to resize it yourself than upload.


Michelle
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2007, 11:11
imadoll's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,025
Default

ok since im new and this post is new i wanted to take advantage to ask how do i start a new post?..where do i go?..oh and thanks for the info!!..i will crop my pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16
alibali's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlizious View Post
ok since im new and this post is new i wanted to take advantage to ask how do i start a new post?..where do i go?..oh and thanks for the info!!..i will crop my pictures.
When you click on a topic (like "how to make", or "supplies", etc.) there is a link at the top of the thread that says, "new thread". Click on that and enter your post. I hope that helps...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/fleuristesupplies-300.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to resize image size in bulk hipgirl Picture Perfect 13 02-24-2012 07:35
OFF TOPIC - Q- how do you crop images? ?? ayesha Picture Perfect 1 03-16-2008 10:34
How to resize & crop image using 'Paint' hipgirl Picture Perfect 7 03-02-2008 08:32
Pics will not resize Butterflymama3 Suggestions 2 02-24-2008 12:44
I use a MAC - how do I resize my photos? alibali Picture Perfect 3 11-10-2007 09:25

New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/bitsybands-150.gif
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/B00H7RFR20-100pc-terry-pony-holder.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger