printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > For Sale > Group Buys-Starts 10/1/2011, maximum 3 buys at a time

Group Buys-Starts 10/1/2011, maximum 3 buys at a time Sellers--need to have 300 posts to sell. Buyers-- Protect yourself in buys from other members. So we can buy retail quantity at wholesale price. Please note that we are in group buys at our own risk. www.hipgirlclips.com does not hold any responsibility.

View Poll Results: Does it help?
Yes 111 96.52%
No 4 3.48%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:22

Default Re: Protect yourself in group buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipgirl View Post
Thank you all.

All credit card/PayPal payments are protected. As a buyer, do not hesitate to file the dispute before the deadline. Because the promise is to deliver before the deadline. Plus you can always pay again if you received the package later.

Michelle
Thanks michelle! Unfotuantly paypal may go in your favor and you are still out the money becasue they emtied their account My sister was in on a huge buy for several things through a yahoo loop, the owner of the board hosted it it was a great group, however, she took thousands, and never delivered, now no one has seen her anywhere
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:35
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessfancypants View Post
Thanks michelle! Unfotuantly paypal may go in your favor and you are still out the money becasue they emtied their account My sister was in on a huge buy for several things through a yahoo loop, the owner of the board hosted it it was a great group, however, she took thousands, and never delivered, now no one has seen her anywhere
That's why you should pay by PayPal but use credit card funding source. Do not pay by PayPal balance. You can file the dispute with your credit card company. They'll charge back and PayPal will lose money. If the amount is large enough, PayPal will hire somebody to go after the person who runs away.

Michelle
Old 03-25-2009, 04:47

Quote:
That's why you should pay by PayPal but use credit card funding source. Do not pay by PayPal balance. You can file the dispute with your credit card company. They'll charge back and PayPal will lose money. If the amount is large enough, PayPal will hire somebody to go after the person who runs away.

Michelle

OHHHHHHH Now THAT helped
Old 03-25-2009, 05:51
Administrator

Another thing I just think of, everybody who participated the group buy, please take several minutes to find the original group buy thread and leave your feedback. That's way to say "thank you" to the host and will help other members.

Thank you in advance.

Michelle
Old 03-25-2009, 07:32

Thanks Michelle for all of the helpful info.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48

Hey guys!! Also remember...if the 45 days have passed, you can still file with the credit card company!!! You don't have to use paypal for the dispute!! HTH!
Carter 5
Abby 3

www.mybellaboutique.com

www.mybellaboutique.etsy.com

Old 03-26-2009, 05:41

what about visa debit card? cause i am not a cc holder. only debit cards

Quote:
Thank you all.

All credit card/PayPal payments are protected. As a buyer, do not hesitate to file the dispute before the deadline. Because the promise is to deliver before the deadline. Plus you can always pay again if you received the package later.

It doesn't matter if it's theft by conversion or Theft by deception. It involves endless hassle so most probably you just give up the $$ you lost in the group buy. But if everybody use PayPal and use charge back, PayPal or credit card company might investigate if the amount is large enough.

Michelle
Old 03-26-2009, 05:48

Always chk with your bank before hand when using them for purchases. We have discover, capital one, visa and amex. All cards gives us full coverage for online purchases!.

Also Paypal provides "buyer protection" only for "EBAY" sales.
Not for groupbuys / individual transactions or websites.

You can always file dispute with paypal for "item not received" but not for "item not as described".

The moment you escalate the claim for ""item not as described" , the paypal dispute will get automatically closed and ask you to negotiate with seller.

Last edited by Vanitha; 03-26-2009 at 05:52.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:08
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanitha View Post
Always chk with your bank before hand when using them for purchases. We have discover, capital one, visa and amex. All cards gives us full coverage for online purchases!.

Also Paypal provides "buyer protection" only for "EBAY" sales.
Not for groupbuys / individual transactions or websites.

You can always file dispute with paypal for "item not received" but not for "item not as described".

The moment you escalate the claim for ""item not as described" , the paypal dispute will get automatically closed and ask you to negotiate with seller.

Thank you so much Vanitha. Didn't know that. I just checked my credit card dispute page. Below is the list. Every bank has different policy so be sure to check with your bank.

* I've been charged twice for the same transaction. Your account was charged twice for the same transaction.

* I don't recognize this charge. You are confident there are charges on your account that you, a joint cardmember or authorized user, do not recognize. Note: Business establishments may use their corporate name and/or address, which can be different from their public name and/or address.

* I'm expecting a credit. You have never received a credit for merchandise and/or service. You may be asked to provide a credit slip and/or proof of return. Note: A merchant has 30 days from the date of return to post a credit to your account.

* I've been charged for a cancelled transaction. You cancelled a reservation, transaction, or recurring transaction and your account has been charged. No credits have been applied. Note: A cancelled recurring transaction may only be disputed if it has posted to your account after the cancellation date.

*I haven't received service/merchandise. You ordered a service or merchandise that was never rendered/delivered, but your account was charged.

*I received time/date sensitive service/merchandise too late. You ordered a service or merchandise for a specific time/date and it was delivered after that time/date, which was too late for its intended purpose.

*I've been overcharged. The charge on your account is higher than the amount shown on your sales receipt. Note: For disputes related to foreign currency conversion, please choose the "Other" dispute type below.
I'm dissatisfied with the quality of the service or merchandise. You are dissatisfied with the quality of the service or merchandise received. Note: You may be required to provide supporting documentation as to the nature of the quality of the service or merchandise.

*I paid for the service/merchandise by other means. You used your credit card as a guarantee and subsequently used another form of payment, but your credit card was charged. Note: You may be required to provide supporting documentation to show your other means of payment.
I never authorized this charge. You are confident there are charges on your account that you, a joint cardmember or authorized user, did not authorize. Note: Business establishments may use their corporate name and/or address, which can be different from their public name and/or address.

*Other. For all other dispute types.

Michelle
Old 03-28-2009, 01:58

Some banks will allow disputes up to 6 months, most up to 1 year. I've had amex and discover call past that. Check with the bank/card company to see what their limit is.