Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Getting An Online Business Started

Getting An Online Business Started Web hosting? Shopping cart software? Web design? Upload inventory? Check out the answer here.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:40

Default How much do you make off etsy

Hi everyone,
I am curious about how much income you all make on etsy. You dont have to be specific. I started an etsy shop but I have not posted but a couple things besides reserved items. There are so many other people that are so very talented with tutus, hair bows, shirts, and so much more. I started sewing and I hope to add outfits to my etsy shop but for now my time is to limited. Do you sell a lot of etsy off of these things? I have noticed that tutorials and supplies are big sellers. The only reason is because that is what i purchase lol. How do you get customers in to your shop? Has anyone ever done a bow party before? Im thinking of trying it.
Sponsored Links
http://hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/pjsribbonsandmore.jpg
Old 08-17-2010, 12:28

Default Re: How much do you make off etsy

I do okay...been selling on Etsy for about 4 months.....my first full month of selling was less than 300.00....my best month was about 1000.00....and every month its different....I go through spurts where I will sell like crazy and then it slows down....but generally I sell 1 -10 items a day....its rare that I dont sell anything for a day.....you have to constantly list on etsy to be seen....I try to list or relist items throughout the day....maybe 5-10 items a day....so as they sell I relist them or put up new items....advertise on my facebook page, have a link to my store in my email siggy....friends and family are repeat buyers and are great for referrals! I do craft shows as well and hand out my biz card with all my info including my etsy store address.....I think its a good place to start and the fees are so minimal you arent losing that much to list and have them sit for a bit and see what happens...just my 2 cents :O) good luck!

Old 08-17-2010, 12:53

We have been doubling our income for the past 3 months.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycutiepatooties View Post
I do okay...been selling on Etsy for about 4 months.....my first full month of selling was less than 300.00....my best month was about 1000.00....and every month its different....I go through spurts where I will sell like crazy and then it slows down....but generally I sell 1 -10 items a day....its rare that I dont sell anything for a day.....you have to constantly list on etsy to be seen....I try to list or relist items throughout the day....maybe 5-10 items a day....so as they sell I relist them or put up new items....advertise on my facebook page, have a link to my store in my email siggy....friends and family are repeat buyers and are great for referrals! I do craft shows as well and hand out my biz card with all my info including my etsy store address.....I think its a good place to start and the fees are so minimal you arent losing that much to list and have them sit for a bit and see what happens...just my 2 cents :O) good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbettua View Post
I have been wanting to get an etsy but I also have a website would you girls recommend having both? I need to get moving getting some sales my boy wants a bday party and we don't really have a budget to fit that in. But like all mom we do what ever it takes to make them happyl
Old 08-17-2010, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle View Post
I have been wanting to get an etsy but I also have a website would you girls recommend having both? I need to get moving getting some sales my boy wants a bday party and we don't really have a budget to fit that in. But like all mom we do what ever it takes to make them happyl
Yes I would do both! It doesnt hurt to have your name out there in every way possible! I just started a few months back so have not yet started a website, but its in the works!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:51

Quote:
holy moly! What's your secret. I am envious, I'd love to be able to do that.

congrats!
Old 08-17-2010, 04:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycutiepatooties View Post
Wow thats awesome. So, it is worth it to list alot of things at a time. It really helps to hear someone that has been doing it say that. I cant believe you did so well in just 4 months. I will be busy making new things to list for my etsy. Woohooo! Im excited now. I do alot off of facebook. I have given my cards out and gotten alot of local customers online through facebook. I usually sell most of my stuff through there. Friends are great for advertising. I need to spend more time on my work this week now that my little girl starts school. Thanks for your advice. I will get busy doing that.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:45
strawberrybaby

wow I think Im going to start adding stuff on mine again. I have been slaking..lol...wastinh too much time on my site.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:48
strawberrybaby

Quote:
Nice!!! I have to admit your items are gorgeous and your photos are too...
Old 08-17-2010, 10:17

I have so many things I need to make and get posted. I have stacks of flip flops and shirts/onesies waiting on me to put the prettys on. Just so busy with school starting and we went on last minute vacation. I will be putting in lots of hours though.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/lilhiccupsboutique-300.jpg