new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > Getting An Online Business Started

Getting An Online Business Started Web hosting? Shopping cart software? Web design? Upload inventory? Check out the answer here.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:40

Default WEB DESIGN help

Hi, I am trying to get my website started and need some help. I need some suggestions in getting a web designer to help me design my logo, store.....I don't know alot about computers so I definately need someone to help me. Who have you used to design your website and how much does it cost??
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2007, 08:23

You could try looking on Hyena cart. There are a bunch of mamas on there that do it for reasonable prices.
Here's a link to the graphic design section:
Hyena Cart :: Powered by HC
Old 12-05-2007, 03:45

Can I buy a template from someone and then use the host I want? Also if you buy the template how do you get the shopping cart?? I know michelle talked about Zen cart, but when I go to the download page there are a list of zen cart files. How do I know which one to download??
Old 12-05-2007, 06:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn4picu View Post
Can I buy a template from someone and then use the host I want? Also if you buy the template how do you get the shopping cart?? I know michelle talked about Zen cart, but when I go to the download page there are a list of zen cart files. How do I know which one to download??
I signed up for WAHMshoppes and then went and bought a template and the person I bought it from installed it for me.
Here's the link for them, most of their stuff is on sale right now.
Kool Kreations Designs

Wahmshoppes is just so easy because the cart comes with it and you don't have to do much work with it.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:22

mine is set thru MerchantMoms.com the cart is set up just like wahm but the bandwidth is more for less money thru merchantmoms aka faster website. Buzzing Bee Designs did all my stuff for me.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:43

My host is also through Merchant Moms. They have excellent customer service and support. Julie Lydell custom designed my website, logo, bow cards, business cards, and hang tags for me. She is great to work with. Her email address is [email protected]. You may want to get a quote from her and look at her portfolio. My eBay store was done by Pixel Perfect Designs. You can find her by searching eBay. She and I Desgins also does customs and premades. Check out their site at sheandidesigns.com. Most designers will have listed on their sites compatible shopping carts that you can use and they will install everything for you. HTH
Old 12-05-2007, 08:15

There are 3 plans. I am on the 12.95 plan. I think it has 10240mb or 10gb of bandwidth on it.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:51
Administrator

For web hosting, you want 1. more band width. 2. more storage space. 3. free domain name. 4. 99.99% up time.

For shopping cart, there are 2 types: 1st is the one that already set up like wahmshoppes. You just need to stock your store. The other one is starting from scratch like zen cart. You get more flexibility out of zencart type.

For example, you can submit your product to google base which is free (if you search google for hair bow cards and then click 'product search result' --the 1st link after adword ads, you'll find my hair bow cards. Free Ads are alway great, right?

hair bow cards - Google Product Search

And you can submit your website's sitemap to google so your pages will be indexed sooner.

And you can enter/update your inventory in an MS Excel file and then upload to your website...

But zencart is hard to set up (super easy to use though). You have to hire somebody (I'm not sure the cost since I did mine myself). You can visit Zen Cart Support - Powered by vBulletin and ask if somebody want to set up the shopping cart for you and how much.

Michelle
Old 12-06-2007, 08:44

Thats what I was having trouble understand with the Zen Cart. Somewhere I read that the zen cart was for the expert in HTML. And that would not be me at all.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:31
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn4picu View Post
Thats what I was having trouble understand with the Zen Cart. Somewhere I read that the zen cart was for the expert in HTML. And that would not be me at all.
I don't know HTML I have experience in database but not web development. My DH is a web developer. I asked him to set up a website for me. He said yes. I waited for a year. Then I decided to do research myself. Turned out it wasn't that difficult.

In my opinion, there are 2 phases to set up a website.
1. getting it up and running.
2. get traffic.
When you set up your site, you need to think about how to get traffic--organic way (let search engine find you) or advertise way (you pay search engine which will be $$$$). I think the template is not super important. The most important thing is getting traffic. Then you can worry about the web design.

I can't say which is better because the only thing I know is zen cart. I'm going to do more research on webhosting and shopping cart. Maybe set up several demo shopping cart site. Wish there were 48 hours a day.

Michelle
Sponsored Links