New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Get Organized

Get Organized Organizing Tips and Ideas.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:25

Default Down sizing need suggestions.....

Hi everyone,

I have just moved into a home 1/5 the size of my old house...I love it, it's an adorable victorian with tons of potential. I'm grateful that I still have a room available to use as a studio. Unfortunately, that room is less than half the size of my old studio. I am not an organized person, my big studio was a mess all the time. Have any of you had to "down size" your space? I'm looking at all these plastic totes, knowing, theres is NO WAY this stuff is going to fit in the new studio. Fortunately, the ceilings are high, so my first thought was to go vertical and hang shelves, the kind on the tracks. I currently use the big white folding tables as a work surface, but I'm putting them in storage and opting for something narrower, but what? I have 8 large tubs full of flip flops that are currently on one of those 6' shelving units for the garage. Those have to go in storage as well, but should I keep the shelving unit? The closet is tiny.....where on earth will I hang all my finished clothing items? I'm at a complete loss here! I need the organizing fairy! HELP!!!
Sponsored Links

wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 09-11-2011, 11:26

Default Re: Down sizing need suggestions.....

Can you have a work table made to customize your needs? Dh made mine and I was able to fit all my sterilite drawers underneath it. If I wanted to I could store my bins as well. I had a shelving unit installed and that held a lot of my solid ribbon. 8 bins of flip flops is a lot of flip flops....I hope I read that right. You may want to try to get some of that stock sold and rotating so you are not stuck with so much inventory. You mentioned clothing...I would get a hanging rack that comes with a plastic cover so no dust falls on your clothing while it is stored. I dont like displaying any of my work because I am dust freak.

Sit down and start going through your inventory. Destash what you know you wont use and then go from there.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:51

LOL - Yes, you read that right! It is 8 bins of flip flops, but they are not completed. I got a great deal on them from a friend and couldn't resist! They are all Old Navy in all sizes....I sell lots of flip flops in the summer, but now that fall and winter sales have started, they are a burden. After Christmas, I will start on them again so don't want to get rid of them.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divasmom8 View Post
LOL - Yes, you read that right! It is 8 bins of flip flops, but they are not completed. I got a great deal on them from a friend and couldn't resist! They are all Old Navy in all sizes....I sell lots of flip flops in the summer, but now that fall and winter sales have started, they are a burden. After Christmas, I will start on them again so don't want to get rid of them.
You could probably store your flip flops in the attic...if you have one or in the garage. That will give you more space to work. The table dh made for me was tall. I prefer to be standing or leaning on my bar stool to do my work. The only time I sit down is when I am making an actual bow and that is around my computer or on the sofa.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:37

No garage or attic...sadly, but there is a space built under the attic eaves, that I had forgotten about.....the perfect spot for al those flip flops!!!! Any chance you have a pic of your custom table? I also like to stand or lean, I'm tall, so the taller the better on the table, which would allow for storage underneath.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:33

I used to have a cutting table that was 4x 8 and it was just a drywall slab with edges that sat on fold up saw horses. I had lots of storage underneath and the whole table was easily moved is necessary and folded away. I covered the top of the board with cork so i could stick pins into it. You could get all that easily at home depot.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:35

I like the table idea. I don't think I have enough room for the 4x8 drywall slab, I wonder what else I could use to sit on the saw horses?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:00

I also have a table top on saw horses. Mine is a large piece of ply wood that my son's race car track use to sit on The good thing about this style is you can cut to fit whatever size you need.

Any chance of a picture of your space? It might be easier for us to see the actual space to give you some ideas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosillanaj View Post
I used to have a cutting table that was 4x 8 and it was just a drywall slab with edges that sat on fold up saw horses. I had lots of storage underneath and the whole table was easily moved is necessary and folded away. I covered the top of the board with cork so i could stick pins into it. You could get all that easily at home depot.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:07

I got my work table by accident - literally. I had an 8 foot long banquet table that my sister borrowed. When she was bringing it back to me, somehow the wind caught it and it flew right out of her truck and onto the highway (thankfully, no one was behind her!). The legs were totally broken and one end was busted up pretty good. I removed the legs and cut the end of the table off. I placed the table on top of 2 small filing cabinets and I LOVE IT!!! The height is perfect for me and there is some storage space underneath too.
I guess you never know what is going to end up working for you!
P.S. My sister did buy me a brand new banquet table!
Sponsored Links

Tags
down sizing, organizing, storage