http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Get Organized

Get Organized Organizing Tips and Ideas.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:18

Default Re: Ribbon Rack

I don't have much ribbon yet, so mine is in a box right now. Love all the ideas though!
Sponsored Links

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/cazooks.jpg
Old 06-23-2008, 10:45

WOW! I'm not feeling so bad about my new ribbon purchases this week after seeing all that some of you have. It does look like ribbon heaven.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by estefina View Post
Holy Cow!! You are a blessed woman to have all of that ribbon. Can I come play at your house? LOL Great idea and nice racks. (um. you know what I mean.)
you're funny.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:53

Another idea that my mom used in her craft room was to mount cheap plastic gutters (not sure how dad did that) to the wall. The rolls sit in there nicely and you can see all the different colors. She has mostly wider, wired ribbons for making wreath bows so the rolls are not huge. The bigger rolls that some of you gals get might not fit though.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShandaStorm View Post
Here are two pictures of some of my racks i have. My husband made these for me, i love them because they don't have the rod, which helps me grab what i want and put it back when i am finished.. The second picture shows my smaller rack, i use this one for my small stock rolls. I originally had the racks made with legs so they stood on the floor, but after i started getting more and more ribbon we changed them around to go on to the walls.
did anyone else notice the "some" part? How much do you have total? We're all envious! Great system though!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:18

Smile Re: Ribbon Rack

sorry i didnt reply back faster, we live in a rural are and have dial up...yes i said dial up...and yes, i have a website...i know, it sucks!!!
Anyway...i'll try to answer everyones q's. But fist Thanks for the compliments!!!
I have three more racks that you don't see, on the other side of my studio (filled with stuff i don't use as often). They are all about the same size as the ones in my first picture. Plus i have the storage drawers from the dollar store on the floor that is filled with the ribbon that i purchased in 5 yard pieces, and thats also holding all my headbands.
The ribbon you see on the large racks are 50 and 100 yard rolls...the smaller rack is the 25 yard sheer ribbon rolls. As for HOW many yards i have...man, i honestly don't know...i have every solid color grosgrain that RABOM has plus i also have about half of what Artistic ribbon has all in the bulk rolls and in 3/8, 7/8, 1.5 in widths and 2.5 in. widths. I wonder if i am considered an addict??? LOL....i know i'm an addict!!!
here are some upclose pictures of the racks, it cost about 40$ to make each rack...depending on the size really. All mine are custom made to fit the height of my room and the wall i wanted the rack on. We did buy "L" brackets to connect the racks to the wall (and make sure you connect the brackets to a stud because the ribbon is VERY VERY heavy!!!). Another note...be sure to decide ahead of time what will be going on the racks, you want to make sure that your rolls will fit (height wise and to make sure they don't slip thru the center and fall ontop of the rolls below).
I hope this helps :0)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4474.JPG (109.8 KB, 718 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4475.JPG (111.7 KB, 674 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4479.JPG (97.6 KB, 649 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4476.JPG (107.3 KB, 585 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4477.JPG (107.0 KB, 583 views)
www.RadiantRibbons.com
Old 06-30-2008, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmea View Post
And I thought I had a lot of ribbon!

I see you're in Owensboro- I live in KY too. About 3 hours away from you though
how cool!!! in what area of KY are you at???
www.RadiantRibbons.com
Old 10-15-2008, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bows and bags View Post
here is the ULTIMATE ribbon organization blog. Just keep scrolling down for some fabulous ideas!

SEWING ROOM ORGANIZATION CHALLENGE - PART IV LACES, TRIMS AND RIBBONS© « THE DOMESTIC DIVA’S DISASTERS™
Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!! Great site. Wanda
Old 10-16-2008, 10:22

Wow what a bunch of great ideas!! I wish my dh could be handy but he is far from it. LOL. I think I am probably going to have to try to tackle some of those myself. The wheels are turning.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:08

I use a shoe rack that I got from walmart for like 12 bucks...the smaller ribbons fall though so I linned it with foil...LoL does the trick for now!
hip girl boutique LLC forum advertisement--pink-lily-wholesale