Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Get Organized

Get Organized Organizing Tips and Ideas.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:48

Default Re: Ribbon Rack

I have 1 rack that we built & use metal rods & it is nice but I can't take the ribbon off. I have a shoe rack that I love, the rolls just sit in there & I can move them around. I would suggest not using dowels if you can.
Some people even use gutters attached to the wall to store their rolls.
Beth
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShandaStorm View Post
Here are two pictures of some of my racks i have. My husband made these for me, i love them because they don't have the rod, which helps me grab what i want and put it back when i am finished.. The second picture shows my smaller rack, i use this one for my small stock rolls. I originally had the racks made with legs so they stood on the floor, but after i started getting more and more ribbon we changed them around to go on to the walls.
Oh man-I so need some of those! Too bad my DH can't even hang a dang picture on the wall! If I'm going to get one, it'll have to be me to figure it out-haha! I might ask my BIL to do it-I love that it doesn't have rods either-that would drive me nuts, plus not all of mine are on a spool.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:47

Quote:
Here are two pictures of some of my racks i have. My husband made these for me, i love them because they don't have the rod, which helps me grab what i want and put it back when i am finished.. The second picture shows my smaller rack, i use this one for my small stock rolls. I originally had the racks made with legs so they stood on the floor, but after i started getting more and more ribbon we changed them around to go on to the walls.
I'm offically jealous! All of my ribbon fits into one of those free boxes you get from the post office, you know the 12x12x8 ones. I have like 3 spools that don't fit in their. My dh thinks I have a lot. I'm going to have to show him your collections. Althought I already know what he's going to say. "I thought you were making tutus and the hair bows were just on the side" I have a good size tulle collection, but it's kept in boxes that are labled by color.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:20

I have been walking around the house with one the pictures I printed out of your rack and DH saw it and to my suprise he said "That's what you need"
YAY We have 4 bedrooms ours, Ava's, a guest and the last one is my work room/ Ava's playroom. He is pretty handy so he will enjoy doing something like this.
Yvonne
Old 06-12-2008, 10:15

Quote:
Wow! That looks like Ribbon Heaven!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01

How many yards are in one of those huge rolls of ribbon displayed on your rack? Mine are always sent to me folded.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:47

[QUOTE=ShandaStorm;129066] after i started getting more and more ribbon
You aren't just whistling dixie; you do indeed have a lot of ribbon. I am just getting started making ribbon, and my husband thinks I have a lot of ribbon (I do need an organizer though, albeit not of the gargantuan proportions of yours , but I have enough that I can't find what I need most of the time). The organizer looks great; I need something like that on a much smaller scale.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:27

Holy Cow!! You are a blessed woman to have all of that ribbon. Can I come play at your house? LOL Great idea and nice racks. (um. you know what I mean.)
Old 06-12-2008, 04:41

Quote:
And I thought I had a lot of ribbon!

I see you're in Owensboro- I live in KY too. About 3 hours away from you though
Old 06-12-2008, 09:29

Quote:
i'm so green with envy of all that ribbon....... and my family thinks i have a problem with ribbon hahaha. not even close all of mine fits on 6 rods in a 24x24 frame
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg