New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 08-23-2011, 10:32

Default Need to Vent....

I just need to vent to get this off my chest. I really get frustrated when I see group buys going on here that are severely padded. Yes, suppliers quote different prices for every inquiry. But they don't double a price for the same item.

Group buys are not a money maker. I repeat, group buys are not a money maker. Group buys are meant to help each other get the best pricing to meet MOQ's for items we all need. It's a ton of hard work, I get that...I host group buys, so trust me, I understand. BUT, when group buy prices are padded DOUBLE supplier prices, that's just really crappy IMO. Yes, you have to cover customs fees - but that's normally no more than 10% - NOT double. And, you charge an appropriate buy fee to cover time and materials, so no need for a mark-up there.

Sorry, but being a group buy host I hate to see people getting ripped off. I had to get that off my chest.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2011, 11:00

Default Re: Need to Vent....

as a buyer I agree too! in fact I just saw 2 buys for the same thing and you are right one of the prices where double the other. it makes me not want to do any buys with the host of that buy.

Pampered Princess
Looking for wholesale felties? Check out my page! Lots to choose from.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidijens1 View Post
as a buyer I agree too! in fact I just saw 2 buys for the same thing and you are right one of the prices where double the other. it makes me not want to do any buys with the host of that buy.
Yep, and since the product pics are the same, you know the supplier is probably the same too :-(
Old 08-23-2011, 11:05

have noo clue of which you are talking about...but yes I have to agree have seen some where numbers just don`t fit...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:08

Yikes - I hadn't realized that. Sometimes I get so excited to see something - I just jump right in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3875...4283487272713/

come join us
Old 08-23-2011, 11:28

I am pretty sure I know which ones you are talking about and I was a little suprised at the price difference. Is it possible that one was just able to talk the supplier down more than the other?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:30

I don't think it's possible to talk a supplier down by that much -> price-wise and MOQ-wise...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:40

AMEN!! I have been wanting to say this for the past 6 months but could never word it correctly. I will ONLY get into a group buy with trusted members(which is about 3 members) who I know work their hardest to get us the best product in a timely manner at the best price. I have only participated in VERY few buys but I have witnessed NUMEROUS go bad, many GB's charge insane amounts and just many misfortunes. I think it's morally wrong to make money off of buys. I'm not here to be ripped off, I'm here for supplies to make my business successful. THANKS.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:42

There is a person I used to do GBs with and I really liked her. I still think she's probably a fabulous person. BUT, when I realized she was marking up her GBs like crazy, that's when I drew the line. I will NEVER buy with her again. EVER. I can't respect someone like that.

If someone wants to make a profit, I'm all for it. Run it in a legitimate and open way. Buy your product and sell it as "wholesale supplies". Front the money yourself. If I buy ribbon from Hip Girls, I know she's making a profit. She fronted the money and DESERVES that profit.

It chaps my hide to reflect back on a GB host saying "drops will happen tonight if we don't meet minimums" AND I've later found out it was all b.s. What they are REALLY saying is "Hurry up and buy as much as you can, that way I can pad my bottom line by several hundred, if not several thousand dollars". It's unethical and exploitative.

If you are one of those GB hosts that looks at it as an opportunity to fleece your fellow HGs, SHAME ON YOU. I hope you can look yourself in the mirror, because I wouldn't be able to!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30

Nowadays Group buys are like an easy business with no investment.
You have people willing to put their money, ready to wait for months and at the end you do make profit atleast 70% to 90% than what is quoted by the supplier with zero investment.
In other words you are a middleman making money with no products on hand.
If you are doing a wholesale you wont be able to do this, you need money upfront to purchase and products ready in stock.
Just compare my prices that i offered in gb for a popular product and to the current Gb that is going on right now.For the same price if you count the buyfees and pp fees, buying from my store is much cheaper, and i have plenty in stock ready to ship.
This is the main reason every girl & their mommy is doing a GB. This wasnt like this a couple years ago. Pity and shameful: (