http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
Shop by color--grosgrain ribbon, hair bows, craft supplies

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 09-01-2011, 01:43

Default Re: Need to Vent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpj58 View Post
OK, and I just have one more thing to add... I just went back and read who the other members were posting about reliable hosts. One thing that I find interesting is that a host that was mentioned multiple times DOES pad her buy. I know because we use (or should I say USED) the same supplier. However, I think we were all ok with it because she posted that she was adding a little extra to the cost of each item. That, (again, IMO) just goes to show that we would be willing to pay a little extra to someone we trust, expecially if we are warned up front.

I even participated in this buy, even though I could get the items cheaper myself, just so I didn't have to meet the MOQ myself.

I hope the point that I am trying to make is clear. I think that I am in a sleepy rambling stupor! HAHA!
I agree, if someone tells me up front there is an additional charge then I don't feel lied to. But like I said, even if I did find out they were padding and not saying so, I can't go complain about the price, I agreed to the price when I placed my order and sent funds. But I would definately prefer they tell me they are adding to the cost to cover their time, and not tell me that is the bottom dollar price that the manufacturer will sell for.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/candyshopbeadsus-300.jpg
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51

I participate in a lot of gbs and I will be honest I participate because I am lazy and scared. I don't want to use the time and effort, or take the risk of trying to develop relationships with suppliers. I would personally rather spend that time making product. I feel like it would cost me more money (time is money) to do all the research. I do some on every buy that I participate in in order to see if I am getting totally ripped off. However, if there are items that I need/want and they are sold by a gb host that I have confidence in then I go ahead and purchase them. If I feel like it is a good deal and if I can make money on it then I buy it. It feels shady and dishonest that people do gbs, which implys that they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, but seriously that is a ton of work (not that I have done one) I don't know I guess bottom line is if they want to pad and people are willing to pay and are like me too lazy to find other options then shouldn't we really be talking about how lazy people are? I don't like to see people getting ripped off for sure but as long as the price is listed up front then people have the choice to buy or not to buy. I was in one buy where the cost went up like 2 times and then there was an additional large shipping to host not anticipated charge, that is what I felt was dishonest because the host pretty much ransomed the product. I paid approx twice the original buy price to get the product to me. However, I could have asked for my money back or something but I still wanted the product even at the higher price. It is good to know if someone is dishonest or just flat out does a bad job at buys. Then there is the whole fb backlash garbage which I think is terrible because that is what a lot of people base their initial trust on. I didn't realize until recently that everyone is super scared to leave honest feedback. There does need to be something done about that so we can all get a better feel about the true nature of the hosts. I really think that participants need to be responsible for their own decisions. Warning each other about bad buy hosts (padding included) is a great way to help each other out. I appreciate so much that this thread was started so people are aware that there are those people out there who do this sort of thing so that we can all decide if that discourages our participation or not.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpj58 View Post
OK, and I just have one more thing to add... I just went back and read who the other members were posting about reliable hosts. One thing that I find interesting is that a host that was mentioned multiple times DOES pad her buy. I know because we use (or should I say USED) the same supplier. However, I think we were all ok with it because she posted that she was adding a little extra to the cost of each item. That, (again, IMO) just goes to show that we would be willing to pay a little extra to someone we trust, expecially if we are warned up front.

I even participated in this buy, even though I could get the items cheaper myself, just so I didn't have to meet the MOQ myself.

I hope the point that I am trying to make is clear. I think that I am in a sleepy rambling stupor! HAHA!

Yes, atleast one on the list of forementioned *good* suppliers pad their buys...I don't know about them being up front about it, but they got away with it because they WERE the only ones offering that supply...They aren't now, so it is obvious.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:52

Giving the benefit of the doubt... do you think some of this "padding" was that the GB host didn't get as great a deal or because the manufacturer charged more for the first ones that they made to recoup some of the development cost?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura612 View Post
Giving the benefit of the doubt... do you think some of this "padding" was that the GB host didn't get as great a deal or because the manufacturer charged more for the first ones that they made to recoup some of the development cost?
With the ones most of us are referring to, no. It can happen, that prices fluctuate a little, but there are some that are notorious for charging almost double what the supplier will quote, to any random person who inquires.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/candylandbeads.jpg