hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 05-19-2008, 05:05

Default What is your average turn around on custom orders?

I have seen a lot of online boutiques say 2-3 weeks. I always thought that was crazy. Now I currently have about 10 separate custom bow orders and i see why they say that. Most of mine have been averaging a week but two large orders one was 9 bows and the current one is 12 have taken about 10 days. Is that too long? I can really only work on bows at night after the kids are in bed. Maddie is learning to crawl now and into everything.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 05-19-2008, 05:38

Default Re: What is your average turn around on custom orders?

For me, it all depends on what and how much they order. Right now my turn around is less than a week, but I am always making bows...non-stop. My neck hurts just thinking about it.

SAHM to Madisyn (6) and Kynzie (2)
Old 05-19-2008, 05:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
I dont' think its unreasonable to state that it could be 2-3 weeks. Stuff happens in that time. Sick kids, family etc. So if someone can get them done and shipped faster, then awesome! Its just probably a safe number to allow for emergencies or even shipment of ribbon etc.

I have 2-3 weeks on my site. I don't just have hairbows as you know, but If I have to order something or an emergency arises I have a little cushion. I try to complete it and ship as fast as I can. I know alot of clothing places such as Chez Ami and such say 4-6 weeks, but they are usually creating and customizing outfits.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbows View Post
I have seen a lot of online boutiques say 2-3 weeks. I always thought that was crazy. Now I currently have about 10 separate custom bow orders and i see why they say that. Most of mine have been averaging a week but two large orders one was 9 bows and the current one is 12 have taken about 10 days. Is that too long? I can really only work on bows at night after the kids are in bed. Maddie is learning to crawl now and into everything.
I don't think it is too long espcially if you have it posted. If I know ahead of time, then I am willing to wait.