Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Business Issues > General Business Issues

Old 05-18-2008, 11:54

Default buyer problem--help!!

Okay....long story short....

I sell a lot of my excess clips and stuff on etsy.

Well...had this buyer purchase about 4 or 5 different listings of hair clips.

She ordered, I shipped the next day.

Well....I get an email from her stating that I need to ship to a different address because the address on her paypal is wrong--she hasn't lived at that address in years.

Too late......already shipped....

Well....I figure that the package will be returned to me since the address that its going to isn't the person who's name is on the package (obviously the package wasn't for them and the post office usually just "returns to sender" or marks it as "UAA--undeliverable as addressed").

So I have the tracking number and can track where its at....it shows up as "delivered".

I've been talking back and forth with the buyer throughout this....

Asked her to please contact her old post office--where the package was delivered--to see if they can help at all. So she tells me that she will.

A couple weeks go by and I never heard from her....

Okay....here's the dilemma....Right after I shipped the package I contacted her with the tracking number. She never emailed me back so I figured it was either forwarded to her or returned to me.

Well...its a month later and she contacts me saying that she still hasn't received her package and that I need to send her another package or refund all her money.

She claims she contacted the post office (a couple days ago) and they would put a "trace" on the package (hello---it showed as delivered) and then a couple days later she claims that the post office says that whatever address it was shipped to kept the package.

I feel 2 things right now...........either she is trying to scam me with this "wrong address" crap (because the package was clearly delivered) or she doesn't want to admit that she's wrong for having the wrong address on her paypal account. Its not my fault the address on her paypal is over 6 years old (she told me this). She's wanting to make it look like its my fault because I didn't ship to the right address and she wants all her money back.

I've tried to explain to her that I can't just give her a refund when I don't have my items back first....that would be like me giving all of my stuff away for free.

I contacted Etsy last week to see what they would say and they claim that its not my fault---its hers for not having the correct address on her paypal.

Now....what do I tell her? I have no idea where to start to try to email her back.....HELP!

I feel bad on her end too...but I feel that I haven't done anything wrong.....I came through on my end.

Any advice as to what I need to say to her?

Thanks for listening and any help
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:13

Default Re: buyer problem--help!!

Doesn't it say on Etsy "the buyer wishes it to be sent to: and she types in her info. Then there is a warning saying to check this against her Paypal address. She should have typed her correct address in, right? I see that on my sales at Etsy.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:25

I think that this whole situation could have been saved had she just typed a "note" in the "notes to seller" box requesting the address be different.

She didn't bother to do that or contact me through etsy. She waited a couple days and then emailed me at my paypal email---didn't even email me at the email for my etsy account.

Even if I had checked that email right away I still had already shipped her package.

At the time of checkout...I have a little note to the buyer that states that their package will be shipped within 1-2 days so she had plenty of time to contact me. Why she didn't contact me through etsy to begin with is beyond me....
Old 05-18-2008, 12:27

has this buyer purchased items before on etsy? check HER feedback. If she has purchased items before...she should have known about the address, and besides, SIX YEARS!?!?!?!?!

You can empathesize with her...but come on...six years!?!? Six years later I wouldn't even remember my PayPal password!

ISO: manners
Old 05-18-2008, 12:41

I would contact Paypal and let them know your story and see what they suggest.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-18-2008, 12:41

Her feedback is 100% positive. Although she's only made 6 purchases in the last month since she registered.

I'm the only purchase that she has made for "supplies". All of her other purchases were for clippies and bows (seems like somebody is trying to duplicate someone else's work IMO--but thats another thread...lol).

Guess this is what happens when you try to be a "quick shipper". I should have waited a couple more days and I would have gotten her email before I shipped.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Girls1Boy View Post
Her feedback is 100% positive. Although she's only made 6 purchases in the last month since she registered.

I'm the only purchase that she has made for "supplies". All of her other purchases were for clippies and bows (seems like somebody is trying to duplicate someone else's work IMO--but thats another thread...lol).

Guess this is what happens when you try to be a "quick shipper". I should have waited a couple more days and I would have gotten her email before I shipped.

how did her other purchases get to her, then? That's the point I'm trying to make. I hope that makes sense!

Old 05-18-2008, 12:45

Heather brought up a good point about checking if her Etsy address and paypal addresses are the same. It says on your Etsy receipt to check that. If she has her correct address in Etsy, you may want to consider the refund. She might be a repeat buyer for supplies. Although, I don't think you necessarily have to consider that. I'd still check with Paypal to see what they say.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-18-2008, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
how did her other purchases get to her, then? That's the point I'm trying to make. I hope that makes sense!
If the Etsy address is correct the sellers may have shipped to that address, or they got her email before shipping. She definitely should have changed her Paypal address ages ago!!!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-18-2008, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
If the Etsy address is correct the sellers may have shipped to that address, or they got her email before shipping. She definitely should have changed her Paypal address ages ago!!!
I think she knew. Maybe I am cynical today, lol! The seller is protected in these cases because she did ship to the paypal address.

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif